New track not even sure about the genre F4F

emohbe

Whats up everybody? I have been producing for a while now under a different name and now I am releasing stuff as an artist. This is the first track I posted, with more on the way. I was wondering if I could get some honest feedback. I am open to anything you have to say. Also, can you help me out with a genre. And of course I will return all feedback.

https://soundcloud.com/max-o-956191156/there-she-go

Thanks

Hey Max O,

Firstly – love the introduction – it sounds very mystical/spacey, really cool. The bass and drums build in nicely too. The vocals also work well and the lyrics are catchy. Your voice reminds me of Damon Albarn from the Gorillaz. However, I’m not a massive fan of the ‘ooooh ooooh ooooh’ bits. So, you go, “I don’t know, I don’t know” ‘oooooh oooooh oooooh’ “There she go, there she go, there she go” ‘oooooh oooooh oooooh’. To me, they sound a bit ‘droney’ and out of tune. My personal opinion would be to remove the ‘ooooooh’ vocal parts and either leave it empty, or try and come up with something that sounds more harmonic. You have the high pitched backing vocal, so I think maybe this alone would be enough?

In terms of a genre, the track reminds me of Gorillaz, so maybe alternative rock/electronica.

Hope this helps :)

Best,

Thanks man. I need to learn autotune in Ableton XD. I also returned feedback and gave a follow. Cheers!

Back