New track - Hadron Collider (progressive trance)

EnviZion

I'm working on some house blends now, but this is a progressive trance track I've been working on for the past few weeks. Sample free as my tracks usually are.

Things I'm looking for input on:

1. Either looking for some more authentic clap samples that I can manipulate a bit more than the midi I generally work with. Really want the claps to carry their own weight but aren't cutting through the mix like I hope. Any tips that I may not have used yet (already a good balanced layer with one clap slightly before the beat).

2. I feel like adding some modulation or a phaser to my drops might improve them some (on the master track, of course). Anyone use this with success.

3. How does the kick feel on this track? Put a lot of emphasis on it recently but it sounds like it has a bit more clarity in its punch when I listen to it from my laptop. Running logicpro x and bouncing it to soundcloud seems to lower the volume and disrupt the overall mix. If anyone has input on either point, I would certainly welcome it.

Hope y'all enjoy. A comment, share or like is also appreciate. Will return all feed.

https://soundcloud.com/envizion-1/hanging-tree

Although I'm not getting a whole lot of punch and feel in the kick and the low end in general, I still like how you designed the melodies. The clap I think could use a little let wetness on the reverb. I do like the track overall though, so good effort.

I Agree with the above post that the kick could do with a bit more weight behind it, maybe a bit of sidechaining to help it
pump through. i like the sound and structure of the track, well done and keep up the good work and thanks for my feedback;)

Maybe I'm not side chaining the right way but there's a good bit of side chain using low pass filter on the bass to try and let the kick cut through. Maybe the kick sound itself is bad but it sounds pretty good on its own.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with it. Kick not cutting through has been a general problem on any trance track I do even when I limit my use of lower octaves with the instruments and synths. The house kicks generally work for me with a more house arrangement. Not sure why and trying to connect those dots.

Back