New track called Atom

Sure i'll give you some feedback
First of all i'm not sure if this is a dubstep or electro track, i think you've got two tracks in 1 here, it would be better to concentrate on one of the genres rather than two (it would give you a better chance at getting signed or noticed by a label that specializes in one of those genres).
Technically your pretty decent at getting your levels/eq/balance the one thing that stood out for me is the bass in the dubstep parts sound better than the electro parts, mainly down to there presence in the stereo field and overall brightness.
If you do decide to turn this into a dubstep track i'd say you need some more percussion to stop it sounding too steppy, ive always preffered dubstep with a half beat nod to it.
anyway i hope this helps!

check out my house music here Skeleton Keys | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Sure i'll give you some feedback
First of all i'm not sure if this is a dubstep or electro track, i think you've got two tracks in 1 here, it would be better to concentrate on one of the genres rather than two (it would give you a better chance at getting signed or noticed by a label that specializes in one of those genres).
Technically your pretty decent at getting your levels/eq/balance the one thing that stood out for me is the bass in the dubstep parts sound better than the electro parts, mainly down to there presence in the stereo field and overall brightness.
If you do decide to turn this into a dubstep track i'd say you need some more percussion to stop it sounding too steppy, ive always preffered dubstep with a half beat nod to it.
anyway i hope this helps!

check out my house music here Skeleton Keys | Free Listening on SoundCloud

hi and thanks for the feedback, I always like to experiment with genres and try something different to keep the listener interested as
everything gets a little too boring and predictable :)I have reached number 4 twice in the spinnin records talent pool and they seem to
be after a new sound.

Last edited:
I understand where you are coming from and we'd all like to think being experimental would work to our benefit but in my long experience of releasing drum and bass then dubstep and now house, most labels wont want to promote a multi genre track unless the artist has some serious following or cred behind them, congrats ongetting so high in that competition but in reality the spinnin talent pool is a complete waste of time endless hours of promoing yourself to strangers might get you a release but the label will hold all the cards when it comes to da da daaaaa Contract time!

I understand where you are coming from and we'd all like to think being experimental would work to our benefit but in my long experience of releasing drum and bass then dubstep and now house, most labels wont want to promote a multi genre track unless the artist has some serious following or cred behind them, congrats ongetting so high in that competition but in reality the spinnin talent pool is a complete waste of time endless hours of promoing yourself to strangers might get you a release but the label will hold all the cards when it comes to da da daaaaa Contract time!

Yeah with spinning talent pool nothing ever comes of your track coming in the top ten but they give you some good
pointers and advice, now I have got this track out of my system and the idea has been put to rest I can go on now with
my different projects, thanks again for you time and feedback mate :)

Back