New Purple Music: Più Feedback for Feedback 100%

This is a very good song. I like the shakers. I would remove the "hey" or change it because it come so sudden...maybe have two short hey and a long (heeeey that flows into the music) or a different one. It difficult to explain, but that's my vision of the song.

Hey man,

I really like your productions I've listened and liked a few of them on SC. Love the ambient breakdowns and you do a good job of really subtly building tension throughout.

Let me preface my mix comments by saying I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to hip hop/break beat stuff I'm all about 4 on the floor house music so take it with a grain of salt.

I really wanted your 2nd drop at 3:45 to have more energy. It seemed your 808 boom wasn't as loud in this section. It probably had less energy than the first main 808 section because this section had shorter, regular kicks mixed into the beat. From an arrangement standpoint I would save the 808 barrage for after all that built up tension from the break.

As far as your 808 boom goes I think it has a lot of tonal character and might be a bit too high. It's interesting but I think it causes it to jump out and distract a bit from the rest of the track as opposed to just laying down the low-end. A little EQ might do the trick.

Like those reverb-y tight hits you have there in the break. Sounds like an element I would use in a track. Think its a tad loud and bright I would probably dial it back a bit.

Thats about it tho I'm just being picky. Also listening on flat monitors so on a system with a bass boost you might need that extra top end on these elements its hard to tell.

Hope this helps. Thx for the feedback on my stuff.

Thanks Brock, I appreciate the detailed critique! I've been working on developing my 808 kicks for awhile and I'm happy they don't sound as flat anymore but you're probly right about some further EQing. Yeah the 2nd drop was meant to be weirder but not necessarily less energetic, I don't exactly get where you would put the 808s, could you elaborate? Thanks a lot! Just followed you back on SC, I'm down with the tech house!

Ya no problem man I was just saying I think your first "drop" and the first half of your arrangement where the 808's come in have more of them while your second drop has less of those 808 booms with regular kicks mixed in. When I was listening I thought it might be interesting to sort of swap your low ends of the two bass-y sections of the track and see what that does to the energy.

Liked the weirdness of the second drop and the carry over of that arp element I was digging that and thought you could really highlight that element a bit. It had a lot of stereo width but I might center it a tad more and up the volume a bit to highlight it. Maybe some subtle filter modulation up/down with the melody.

Really like your song and your ideas! Just don't really like the structure / the arrangement of it. Maybe I miss a second break in order to give this track more power.
But anyway, solid and fresh production! Like the vibe and the deepness. Cool!

Appreciate the feedback guys. I'll try out a new edit and see how it sounds Brock. Thanks for the input Robin, I'm experimenting with new arrangements, maybe this time it didn't really work. I commented on your new track!

Honestly... I have mixed feelings of the track. I really want to love it. Really want to, but the intro really threw me off with the different key. I think you should change the key of the introducing pads.

Besides that. I really liked the hook. And the lyrics are dope. I agree with the other posters about the sub on the second part of the track. It's a little weaker compared to the first part. But it's dope nonetheless. The only thing I think would make this better, is if the whole track either shared the same key, or you connected the 2 different keys better. Because the intro kinda sounds like the intro to a different song, and the breakdown near the 2:00 mark sounds like yet another different song. I think it would work if the transition between the hook and the breakdown/intros weren't so sudden. I suggest trying a muffled fade in approach. Start with the new synths muffled, and build them in. That way it doesn't throw people off.

Other than that. Great work homie! Liked and followed on soundcloud.

Here's my thread.
Let me know what you think please!

Thanks for the feedback. I really like minor keys and building tension so maybe I overdid it this time. Pretty sure everything is in the same key though. I do need work on my transitions for sure. I've been trying create tracks that have a lot of variation it's difficult to bridge the different themes. Gave you feed on your thread!

Back