New Psy-dubby track: An Unexpected Turn of Events

I don't listen to a lot of psy but this is really well done. Liking all of the sound design and the mix is clean and big. Very interesting stereo image. This is great man

Not bad man. I like the progression in "Travelling Through Psyberspace" haha. I'm thinking maybe the bass drum should have a bit more punch and prominence in the mix though. Like it's very muffled. Maybe try finding a punchier bass drum or double up two different bass drums and adjust the volume and play with the compression. I really like your compositions overall though. The bass line in "Emerge From the Deep" is killer man. I get a VERY Shpongle-ly vibe from that one. If you didn't want the bass drum to feature more prominently on purpose though just ignore me haha. Good stuff though man...good stuff.

Not bad man. I like the progression in "Travelling Through Psyberspace" haha. I'm thinking maybe the bass drum should have a bit more punch and prominence in the mix though. Like it's very muffled. Maybe try finding a punchier bass drum or double up two different bass drums and adjust the volume and play with the compression. I really like your compositions overall though. The bass line in "Emerge From the Deep" is killer man. I get a VERY Shpongle-ly vibe from that one. If you didn't want the bass drum to feature more prominently on purpose though just ignore me haha. Good stuff though man...good stuff.

Thanks for going the extra mile and checking out my other tunes!

To clarify, were you referring to my latest track "An Unexpected Turn of Events" in your critique of the kick sound, or did you mean "Travelling Through Psyberspace"? If the latter, then I likely won't change that as I made that track almost a year ago and have since gotten much better a production.

If you did mean my latest track, then yes, I'd be inclined to agree that it is not quite right. I'm still tinkering with the finer details of my latest track, and the kick is indeed due to receive some attention.

In regards to "Emerge from the Deep", I appreciate your comment.

Ya know, I've been thinking I should go back to my old tracks with what I know now and remaster them. A lot of the sounds in my older tracks are not mixed or EQ'd well.

It's funny, I struggle with judging relative proportions, both spatially and auditorily. A spatial example would be when I struggle to tell if I've poured enough hot water into a mug to bring it to the half way mark - I might think it's half way full, but I'll look at it again and there's either not enough or too much. An auditory example would be that when producing, and I have to adjust a level, it'll sound right, and then when I go back to it the next day it's not right and I have to make further refinements until I find the sweet spot.

I've done little bit too much lucy me thinks. Never used to struggle in that respect, especially spatially.

Back