New producer first song Take it Easy [F4F]

DAKtherapper

Hello guys, my name is Dillon(DAK) and I just finally figured out the basics of everything to be able to do this!

I also LOVE analyzing music myself (Lyrics are my shit, love them, as well as the instrumental make up as well), so please link me to a song of yours and I'll give you some honest criticism.
It's on youtube, I gotta post 5 times, but I don't wanna just go post 5 quick reviews, I'd rather reply and give a decent wall of text to you guys.
/watch?v=7EAQnMyW_Jc

The questions I really have for all you guys here is,

Are there any glaring issues in the production of the song?

Do you have any suggestions to possibly make the song more interesting?

I also don't know what the standard things are for certain effects in recording. Like I just realized you can just copy and paste a section into a different track to have a simple delay, instead of opening a delay plugin and failing at experimenting aha.
Any simple tips to make life easier while making the music?

As for what I did do, I did some simple compressing and EQing using presets as a base and going from there. I did some side chaining with the drums/bass.
I used some preset instruments with my own edits, used a clip/sample for the shaker, and played my own drums on mah keyboard.
I plan on recording vocals, I just really wanted to put an instrumental version out there before-hand.
The song is free for anyone who wants to download it! (Link in youtube description)
AT THE MOMENT I'm waiting for BMI, I've uploaded my stuff for the whole Creative Commons shindig.
Thanks for reading,

DAK

Baha I still need a couple posts I fell asleep instead.

Just copy and paste the /watch part into YouTube for now,
I've signed up for soundcloud but ****ed that up on accident so I'm remaking the account after work today

Back