New one....kind of experimental...

https://soundcloud.com/michael-sherman/leave-of-absenceorginal It would be really nice if someone gave feedback, then I will do the same for you.still learning music theory.....this was done with a analog synthand other stuff.kind of a break/tension/techno thingy...

Experimental is good :-)

I kind of like the track ... some pieces are a bit off for me:

That heavily panned synth sound starting at 1:20 (and repeated quite a lot throughout the track) sounds off for me and the sound itself is a little annoying over time ... the panning is too much for me (listening with headphones). If you want to keep it, it'd put it more in the background but I'd change it for some deep pads.

Drums and Effects are ok and generate some sort of groove - for my personal taste the track is missing some melodic elements and some more complexity... but I get that is not the sound you are aiming for.

Also I would cut the track in length - for me there is to little variety.

Hope that didn't sound to harsh! Keep it grooving!

Cheers
Virtualex

Mind checking my stuff?

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...lements-looking-feedback-533361/#post50038807

Are you sure this is in key? Sounds a bit wonky, not a lot of rhythm especially in the synths but then again I think that is what you were going for with just sort of mellow dubby throwaway kinda track. Keep at it, maybe some harmony would be nice, if you are in to that sort of thing.

Thanks for your replies, still learning music theory, I agree, I'm not to fond of the melodic factor.....but I think I'm in the right direction...

The track is cool but off in key, obviously it seems that you recognized that, and its all it takes! A cool trick we can do as electronic musicians is that we could write in C Major or A minor (both these use only white notes) and transpose it to different keys! you'll pick it up as you study music theory :]
if you could please, check out my soundcloud by searching "naimeja" and leave me some feeback so that I could improve to! thanks

Back