New Electronica Production, Feedback wanted! :)

Robin Veldt

Hey, so this is my new song, don't really know how to categorize this or how to give it a certain electronic genre, maybe you've got some ideas?! :)
I tried to keep on experimenting with modulations, bouncing, cut sounds and rhythm.
Please tell me what you think! Any feedback appreciated!!

Thanks in advance :)
Robin

Cool! I really like the part where there is an LFO on the panning. I don't really like the part at 4:28 where the kick hits on every beat, to me it Doesn't really fit the feel of the rest of the song. You have some great production skills though, I'm jealous haha. This song reminds me of Lofticries by Purity Ring. I think you could probably make the bass drum a bit more powerful/loud, seeing as everything's ducking you can basically do whatever you want to the bass drum without it making your mix muddy. Good stuff though, its sounds pretty professional!
Have a look at my song if you can. :)
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...feedback-needed-all-feedback-returned-501362/

Thanks a lot for your feedback and your ideas !! :)
@spasmoid you might be right that the change of beat could be too much there, maybe I'll try something different there :) I also agree with your criticism on the bassdrum.

Thanks!

GOOD SYNTH starting it off! is that a preset or did you make it?

good mixing too. great chord changes, I might say to have a bit more movement in the sound. So for instance when the auto pan static starts it just keeps going back in forth while getting quieted by the kick. I would add in something else like a descending filter sweep each time before the kick so it sweeps down then splashes into the kick if that makes sense.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

@jaust, that seems to be a GREAT idea, I'll try this! Thanks for this inspiration :)
Yes, synth is self-made with sylenth1 :)

Everything you got going on here is great! Very good panning, synth choice, side chains. Every sits well in it's place. I believe the drums should be a bit louder in the mix, and as others as said, an autotuned vocal would sound very nice on this track. I don't think the 4:28 part fits either. Maybe in that part, instead of changing the beat pattern, you could maybe "muffle" the drums with an EQ since it's near the end, and automate the filter up and down with the track until the end, where you could just bring down both the filter and volume until the ethereal keys kick in. Just an idea lol, but solid work otherwise homie!

Here is my track! It's a mix of EDM and Reggaeton. Lmk what you think!

@klzthe13th I'm glad you like it! Thanks for your helpful feedback, seems to me as a really good idea, think I'll try this :) although I'm quite sure that I'll change the drum pattern :D

Everything sounds good. There might be a little too much side chain compression and white noise at :48

I must say that you have a strong feeling on what you are doing. Really the composition is there and it sounds greater than I expected when I read your title. I can say one thing, practice makes perfect. Try to create something which is better than your previous work. Cool panning at 1:40. Maybe the sidechaining is a bit too much but that is just my taste.

I also like the way how you trie to make everything as complicated as possible. All the different sounds and changing. It is not repetitive at all. Keep up the great work brother!

I would really appreciate it if you could spare a little of your time and check my work out as well https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rap-remix-dutch-vocals-f4f-494188/?highlight=

awesome track, mixing is well done. I have to agree with everyone about the pattern at 4:28, but hey... always room for improvisation! Keep up the good work dude.

Hi, I'm not extremely familiar with the genre of the track, but from a more objective view, i'm slightly confused about the structure of the song, if it follows one. I'm also a huge proponent of a kick being the center of gravity of a track, have you considered giving it more importance in yours? Apart from the, the mixdown if very clean and I have absolutely no issues with the sound of the track, very good overall (not sure if they are samples or you made your own synth sound).

Very talented overall, keep at it! If you have the chance, please give me some feedback, a follow or a like on by Electro House track, I would really appreciate it:

I must say that you have a strong feeling on what you are doing. Really the composition is there and it sounds greater than I expected when I read your title. I can say one thing, practice makes perfect. Try to create something which is better than your previous work. Cool panning at 1:40. Maybe the sidechaining is a bit too much but that is just my taste.

I also like the way how you trie to make everything as complicated as possible. All the different sounds and changing. It is not repetitive at all. Keep up the great work brother!

THANK YOU for your nice words! You've really understood what I wanted with that track :) Sure, I will check out your work as well!

Hi, I'm not extremely familiar with the genre of the track, but from a more objective view, i'm slightly confused about the structure of the song, if it follows one. I'm also a huge proponent of a kick being the center of gravity of a track, have you considered giving it more importance in yours? Apart from the, the mixdown if very clean and I have absolutely no issues with the sound of the track, very good overall (not sure if they are samples or you made your own synth sound).

Thank you for your feedback!! I'm not at all familiar with that genre either, I don't even know which genre that is :D I just tried to experiment in order to create my unique sound which is a long way :D
yes I've considered that, I tried to make the bassdrum the center by using that heavy sidechain, maybe you're right and it has failed.
All sounds and synths are created on my own :)
Cheers!

Back