New Electro Latin track, NEED FEEDBACK ASAP!!! [Feed 4 Feed] [Follow 4 Follow]

Spasmoid

Hey friends,
I could really use a listen and some criticism / feedback on this new song I've been working on. As well as the composition of it, I'm wondering if the mix sounds good. I'll return all feedback, just post links! Also feel free to follow/ like on soundcloud and I'll be sure to return the favor. Thanks!!!

Here's the track:

Not really my preferred style so anything I say about the composition would just be about my preferences. I do like the drum track, and the song has a very strong beginning. You're very good at introducing new parts, the vocals and bass are transitioned in perfectly. There's a very quiet bass that I thought was only used at the very end (around 3:00), but on closer listening I think it's played throughout. I think you could either drop it from the places where it's difficult to hear, or modify it so it's easier to hear throughout.

Hope this was useful!

I agree that the bass is a bit quiet and could be used a bit more for emphasis, and that it could use an over-arching melody. I think a little bit more variation between segments could be good too, just to divide it into parts and keep it moving.

Always find it's best to get the crit out the way first. Overall this is great and really original, I haven't heard a track like this before and would definitely listen out for more. Some of those instruments were great and I really liked the use of the vocals. Bit more polishing and this would be a gem. Keep up the good work man.

yo this is so crazy. havent really heard anything like this before lol. kind of reminds me of an 8-bit version of Sango's Da Rocinha albums. i think the vocals are quite dry imo, maybe some reverb and delay on them would sound good (i am a reverb addict though). are the vocals in key with the synth for example at 1:09? sounds a bit off to me. I like the melodic sounds that you have going on throughout but I do think that things sound out of key at times. another example is the stab at 2:27, not sure if its out of key or not the right chord for my ears or im just going crazy. the vox at the end are so weird but i love them. this is a nice track man haha, very strange but very cool.

Refreshing!
As feilong commented above, some synths is out of key.

I know it's a latin electro track so there's tempo and alot going on but it gets to much
- Maybe introduce a break in the track?
- Fix the key so chords and vocals fit together.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! The bass that you are hearing is just a separated sub bass track for the main wobble bass, it's not really meant to be a distinct instrument.

Refreshing!
As feilong commented above, some synths is out of key.

I know it's a latin electro track so there's tempo and alot going on but it gets to much
- Maybe introduce a break in the track?
- Fix the key so chords and vocals fit together.
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I'm really bad sometimes at getting random samples in key, I never compose around a predetermined key or scale anyway, I'm pretty bad at music theory. I just wing it haha

I agree that the bass is a bit quiet and could be used a bit more for emphasis, and that it could use an over-arching melody. I think a little bit more variation between segments could be good too, just to divide it into parts and keep it moving.

Always find it's best to get the crit out the way first. Overall this is great and really original, I haven't heard a track like this before and would definitely listen out for more. Some of those instruments were great and I really liked the use of the vocals. Bit more polishing and this would be a gem. Keep up the good work man.
Thanks so much for the great feedback!

That Dark Sky track gets better everytime i listen to it, definitely a motivation for me to add some more variances to my sounds in a single song, it's really well done, it's like 4 minutes long yet feels like only a minute, good stuff!

P.S: Where did you get these vocals, are they samples or you hired a friend or something?

That Dark Sky track gets better everytime i listen to it, definitely a motivation for me to add some more variances to my sounds in a single song, it's really well done, it's like 4 minutes long yet feels like only a minute, good stuff!

P.S: Where did you get these vocals, are they samples or you hired a friend or something?
Thanks so much man, that really means a lot to me!
The vocals are actually just a vocal stem I got from a random royalty free acapella website. I chopped it up heaps though. If you want to find some similar stuff just search around the internet for like "free vocal stems" "free acapellas" and stuff.

DO NOT fix the key haha, that's what makes it sound so unique, i love it. I can't get over this track lol, i will definitely remember it when i start doing my first DJ sets, so many good combinations come to mind.

Hey a bit late but here is my feedback on the track.

The synth in front is too loud for my liking and a bit too dry.
Maybe using some ambient noise and white noise would help alot with the energy going in the track.

Also the vocals are very far in the background.

I hope my concerns help you out a bit :)

~ MarkS

waddup man,

i checked out your track. that's a interesting style man. not really mine but it's very cool to listen to man.
i like all of the things that are playing during the drop, it sounds very full with cool elements.
mix sounds good to me, and i find it a cool beat.

keep up the good work man.

i'm really curious what u think about my new track 'run', posted it on my second channel. my main channel has chill beats, you can check him here man:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-0-run-feedback-feedback-527245/#post50014478

Back