New EDM Track - Feedback Needed

I feel like you tried a little too hard to put emphasis on the lead. Less is more :) Try putting a little more sidechaining on the lead/bass and try EQing out the lows of the lead to make room for the bass. Also on that note, lower the levels of the lead so that the bass and lead are balanced. I think that might make a quite a difference! Good idea though! I like it :)

Ibah Bano - really like this - awesome concept and everything melds pretty well aside from that lead - holy shit that's loud! It's natural to want to bring that out. But just listen to, say, the main lead in Beyond the Rays by Ørjan Nilsen or Tesseract by Ilan Bluestone. They aren't really in your face yet are extremely effective. I'd say quiet the lead down a bit and you have something truly truly special!

Sounds alright, but kick needs to "kick through mix"

You can achieve that by simple sidechain, and also lead is playing on top of the track, I would lower its volume

I feel like you tried a little too hard to put emphasis on the lead. Less is more :) Try putting a little more sidechaining on the lead/bass and try EQing out the lows of the lead to make room for the bass. Also on that note, lower the levels of the lead so that the bass and lead are balanced. I think that might make a quite a difference! Good idea though! I like it :)

I agree with this guy!

You need to make room for the baseline, too much highs in there imo.
Not sure how you've mixed and mastered but having a limiter to even the volume of the whole track kills it. My quickfix trick is to mix the track while i make it so that the drop (which should be the highest part) is at -6db, then i export when the mixing is done, put it in a new project and put a multiband compressor and boost the parts that need more sound, (might be cheating) but sometimes i put a Maximus with the preset ''Clear Master RMS'' in the master chain aswell.

Mastering is an art, its hard (i dont really know what im doing) but if you spend enough time on mixing before starting on the mastering, the process becomes alot easier.

The song is very nice tho, melody is catchy and progression is nice, great work on the structure!

Best regards,

Simon W

Even if I think that mastering is more the job of an sound engineer than an art, I totally agree with SimonW94:cheers:
That's a very veryVERY good base to work on, reminds me some of Nicky Romero's tune. The others are right : a louder kick and a "machete-style" sidechain compression are required in order to improve your mix here. Keep it up, you're almost there!

If you've got the time, some Techno of mine :https://soundcloud.com/chris-van-gills/disconnected-original-mix

This is great ! Only there is too much mid and high eq. If you correct this than it's ready for the radio (to me). :-)

Back