new deep/ tech house track - feedback please f4f

This is nice! Really liked the intro bro! I think you over compressed the house pluck a bit in my opinion. It has loss a bit of harmonics and dynamics, but I honestly think that's ok, because it's very subtle and not many people will notice it. I really like the main part of the track. Very groovy. Next time during your mastering, I would be careful not to over compress your sounds. Other than that, a great mix and a great master. Keep it up!

Here's my thread. Let me know what you think!

awesome, thanks for the detailed feedback. Ive just done the same for your stuff :) i agree theres definitely some over-compression there, something i definitely need to improve on. Will try to fix those issues in the next version, hopefully creating a bit more space in the mix

cheers

ive just finished a new version, one i could even call complete maybe.....

https://soundcloud.com/jamestottakai/translucent_1003/s-XwSSL

please let me know if you like it :)

I love that bit where it drops at 3.25, you should build the whole arrangement around that point of release imo.
The first minute is fine but then it drags on a little too long for me, maybe start the break of 2:35 (which is really awesome too) around that point?
Anyway I can get in touch with you James? I would really like to remix I Can't Tell You (if that is possible ofcourse)

Cheers,

Charlie

I like that kick in the intro, unique compared to a lot of other kicks I've heard. I think the piano in the intro could use a little more reverb or a longer release time just to take up more space. That effect/arp/whatever it is at 1:15 is SICK. That "translucent" vocal during the break gets a little annoying. I think you should use it at the start of the break only once - one and done. I'm still a novice in reverb/delay but this song seems to fill space well. I know the song focuses on deep sounds, but what do you think about raising the clap volume a bit? I think it would make the rhythm stand out even more. I really liked this, man!

Can you give feedback on mine? :) Headhunterz - To Be Me (Hotel Sweet Remix)

hey guys, thanks for the detailed feedback. Some really great points in there :)

@hotelsweetmusic i just left feedback on your track. Definitely feel i could increase the piano release time and raise the snare.

@thesoundofcharlie i agree the second drop is way stronger, might see if i can incorporate a little more of that into the first half. thanks. And yeah, of you course you can remix "I cant Tell You", If you can PM me your email ill try and get the stems to you this week sometime. :)

cheers

Job well done, a more "classical" sound approach to the house genre that I rarely listen to...but technically I think it's outstanding, gotta listen to it with my studio headphones once I get home. If the track had more melodic elements added, I would be all over it (this is not criticism, because you are following the rules of a specific genre). House can be really strange that way, how it focuses on repetitiveness...but where the overall goal is to not make the listener get bored because of it.

When I get the house alone I'll make myself a drink and crank this up!

hey man, thanks for love :) i really enjoy the mix of classical sounds in electronic music so always try to get something organic in among all the synths.

What do mean by more melodic elements btw? i honestly feel the track has almost too many different elements at the moment haha

Although I'm not that muck into this genre, I really like the track. I personally don't think it needs more elements. I think you would risk it to be a 'more is less' kind of track. But overall I think you did a nice job.

hey man, thanks for love :) i really enjoy the mix of classical sounds in electronic music so always try to get something organic in among all the synths.

What do mean by more melodic elements btw? i honestly feel the track has almost too many different elements at the moment haha

You know what, it was silly of me to even mention something like that...the track has more than enough elements to stand on its' feet. What I kind of meant was that I would like to hear a production of this caliber mixed down with more melody...but that's more a discussion about genres (and my preferences) - it doesn't have anything to do with how this track is produced.

May I just ask you how long you have studied the deep house genre, because the progression and use of instruments/synths and percussion is more or less flawless (referring to your latest edit).

thanks man, much appreciated, but i personally dont feel like there are any "flawless" elements here. Ive been doing this for a few years now and theres always more to learn :)

Just checked out your track and personally i reckon you have done a much better job of mastering than i have! ;)

Maybe we both are too self-critical about our own productions then...and that might be a good sign :)

Back