New Deep House Track - 'Love is a Way' - F4F

Jack Jordan

Hi,

Here is a new deep house track that I have recently made. The whole song is based around a nice old school style piano house riff with some nice vocals accompanying it. The track has not been mastered yet because I want to get some feedback about my mixing etc. before I fork out on mastering. The last track I posted here didn't receive one piece of feedback :( (it no longer exists), even after leaving feedback for other people, so I would really appreciate some this time. I will always return feedback if you leave me some.

The track:

Thanks. If you like my music then please follow me, share and like my stuff on soundcloud.

Thanks for the feedback on my track mate!

Sad to hear that you didn't get any previous feedback. If that track was on par with this I figure it was just bad luck.
Cause this is a real great track with a very nice groove to it. Granted, I wouldn't call it "Deep House".
I am not one to be picky about genres but if you don't want to be missleading I would call this "Soulful House" or simply house if you prefer that.

As for the mixing and structure I think it's pretty neat overall. The vocals could be a bit softer? Maybe some de-esser and more basscut and reverb?
It's a preference thing I guess. Also, I feel like the clap could be bigger and jucier.

I definetly appreciate what you're doing so keep up the great work!

Thanks for the feedback on my track mate!

Sad to hear that you didn't get any previous feedback. If that track was on par with this I figure it was just bad luck.
Cause this is a real great track with a very nice groove to it. Granted, I wouldn't call it "Deep House".
I am not one to be picky about genres but if you don't want to be missleading I would call this "Soulful House" or simply house if you prefer that.

As for the mixing and structure I think it's pretty neat overall. The vocals could be a bit softer? Maybe some de-esser and more basscut and reverb?
It's a preference thing I guess. Also, I feel like the clap could be bigger and jucier.

I definetly appreciate what you're doing so keep up the great work!

Hi,

I have taken your feedback into consideration and I have released an updated version now.

I was having a hard time softening the vocals because I felt that the piano became too overpowering if I did so. However, I did some slight de-essing to the vocals as the sibilance was coming through too much within the mix. It isn't a major change but there is definitely a slight difference. With this track I didn't want to cake my vocals in reverb but I did give a bit more release to it.

Regarding the clap, I was personally contempt with it but I did increase some of the high mids just to give it a bit more body.

Deep house was a bit misleading so I have just tagged it as 'House'.

Here is the updated track:

Any more feedback would be great from both you and anyone else who is reading this.

Last edited:
I listened to the updated version, it sounds pretty old school with the piano and bring back a familiar vibe to me, I like that! :) Keep up the good work

This is a great track! If I had to make any changes, I'd maybe start with just the drums and then bring in the strings before the breakdown, add a little fill at the 13 sec mark and keep the vocals centered for the verse and spread wide for the chorus. The mix sounds great. Good luck!

Peace \/
chisel316

I like the drums and the oldschool piano! The vocals are probably a bit too cheesy, but thats just my taste, they still sound good! For the mix I'd prefer the drums and bass a little bit more upfront, as they sound a little weak. Still a nice track!

Back