[NEURO-HOP] About 2 years in finding my sound, what do you think? F4F

Trip Lykely

Been diligently putting in time for about 2 years now and would love to get some feedback on what you think of my sound. Any and all feedback is great but technical feedback preferred. Happy to return the favor just point me to your track. Thanks

Yo hitting you back up with feedback. Not necessarily a style I know well so take my feedback with that in mind.

Overall sounds really well made for 2 years. Very clean, I could hear every element nicely. I think the strongest points in this are your mixing and the sound design/choices. Only thing I didn't like with the mixing was the sound of the snare. It had a weird metallic tone to it or something. I think things you could work on are the arrangement and songwriting. The arrangement was mostly fine, but I think you could shorten almost every section and it would make it more interesting to the listener, so things would continually change up over the course of the song. The songwriting aspect kind of relates to that point. Adding more variation or little fills here and there every 4 or 8 bars could spice things up quite a lot. I like the style though its very grungy and could imagine this being played in a dubstep/bassy club setting haha. Good work, keep it up. Thanks for the feedback on my track.

Much appreciated, especially since it isn't a style you normally listen to.

The compliment on the mixing means a lot, its been a big focus lately for me. And sound design is my favorite aspect of producing. My music and sound is definitely turning into a combination of all the music I listened to when I was younger, including grungy rock. Always looking to improve so thanks again for the feedback; and always down to lend my ears.

Back