Need Some Ears

Hey glitch,

Nice track, I like the synths you have used – reminds me of a retro game.

I have a few comments on how I personally would change the track.

At 0:55 you drop into a cool drum section. But it leaves the main drop at 1:09 kind of flat. Perhaps you could remove the drum section, and just keep building to the main drop at 1:09, then fall back into this drum section later.

Around 1:35 the drums go quieter but I would prefer to have them as loud as the rest of the track to make them really stand out in this section.

Other than that, good job on the track. I always think that instrumentals like could gain something from some vocal chopping for an extra layer – maybe give it ago?

Best,

5Kolours

Hey glitch,

Nice track, I like the synths you have used – reminds me of a retro game.

I have a few comments on how I personally would change the track.

At 0:55 you drop into a cool drum section. But it leaves the main drop at 1:09 kind of flat. Perhaps you could remove the drum section, and just keep building to the main drop at 1:09, then fall back into this drum section later.

Around 1:35 the drums go quieter but I would prefer to have them as loud as the rest of the track to make them really stand out in this section.

Other than that, good job on the track. I always think that instrumentals like could gain something from some vocal chopping for an extra layer – maybe give it ago?

Best,

5Kolours
I got rid the kick drum in the beginning like you mentioned, changed the drop and added the kicks back in to it only. Sounds much better now! I didn't notice the drums getting quieter though, probably because I'm only using headphones, so thanks for letting me know about that! Not sure why they did that though. :S Also got rid of that weird pluck thing I had going. I 100% agree with the vocal chopping. It always seems to add so much more energy to a song. Problem is I have no idea how to do that yet. Lol It's something I'll be looking into soon though. I've already started working on something vocal related. :)
Now I just need to adjust some volumes and balance a few things here and there and hopefully have something worth listening to!
Thanks a lot for the feedback man! Every bit of knowledge learned from others is always worth so much! :cool:

Glad to help man. Hmm, it sounded a bit quieter but I'm not 100% sure. What DAW are you using? I have a good YouTube tutorial for Logic Pro X if you need it. You should be able to import a vocal track and then convert it into a new sampler track. On Logic it is pretty easy, you just right click and then click 'new sampler track' and it automatically chops the vocal track and you can play it on a keyboard. Looking forward to seeing what else you make. Let me know if you upload a newer version of the track.

All the best,

I'm currently using FL studio, but I'm thinking the concept is pretty similar between the two. I know Fl has a vst called Slicex does something like that. I might try something with that in another song, I;m not really sure how I could make vocals fit on this track now.
I uploaded my new version: https://soundcloud.com/user-876999484/horizon-v2/s-Q18sr
I need to edit a few things still, like the "war drums", and the main beat as well. Something doesn't sound quite right yet. And I'm not entirely satisfied with the outro. But it's better than it was before, considering it was about to get scrapped a couple days ago. Lol

@Artelectro Hmm good idea, I'll give it shot!

@commanderinreef Nah, it's just a simple patch I made in Harmless. Such an awesome vst for heavy basses. So much easier to tune than an 808.

Last edited:
Glitch,

I'm really sorry. I was commenting on your track '1044' the whole time.... I obviously just clicked on the track in your signature rather than the link you posted.... oops! Haha. The last link you posted doesn't work for me but send me it again and I'll have a listen and give you some feedback :) Sorry about that!

Glitch,

I'm really sorry. I was commenting on your track '1044' the whole time.... I obviously just clicked on the track in your signature rather than the link you posted.... oops! Haha. The last link you posted doesn't work for me but send me it again and I'll have a listen and give you some feedback :) Sorry about that!

No problem, your advice worked for my other song too! And I probably shouldn't have added my signature to the post. :D
I deleted the old version though, New version is here: https://soundcloud.com/user-876999484/horizon
Got tired of trying to figure out what to do with with so decided to just be done with it and upload it.
On to the next one!

Back