Need feedback on my new dark ambient track

Myren Music

Hi!
I need feedback on this track, it's a dark ambient hip hop beat and I'm not sure if the arrangement is good for a singer/rapper. Feel free to critique anything else, all sorts of feedback is welcome! :)

Yeah, I've got to say man, I agree with Profound Wav's statement. Super calm, super chill. Really digging the vibes and the sound overall, but I'm not feeling vocals or a rap over the top. I mean, you could certainly squish it in there, but for me, this is great atmospheric/chill music to just relax and vibe too. Really liked the soft vocals tones that came in at around 3 minutes for a second, as well as the phased hat and glitchy hat noises that help break up everything. Great track overall, really enjoyed listening to it.

Thank you so much! This really meant a lot to me! Can you suggest me some tips for giving space for vocals, like what to remove?

Thank you so much! This really meant a lot to me! Can you suggest me some tips for giving space for vocals, like what to remove?
Well, ideally, it's really going to come down to the vocalist/vocals that you're trying to use. The song's pretty well filled already, and it sounds good and everything fits, so I wouldn't go just randomly removing or chopping stuff.

If you yourself finding and adding the vocals in yourself, I'd simply recommend finding the vocals, and watching the frequency ranges that the particular vocals are taking up, and then carve out those exact areas in subsequent areas of the track (vs just simply removing elements). It will sound more natural and balanced than blatantly removing elements. If you're just looking to release the song for others to add their vocals on top of, that could be a different story, as there are different vocal ranges that hit different ranges. I mean, there still is a narrow band the human voice can hit, and of course you may already have an idea of the type of voice you're aiming for so you can certainly apply that same technique, just more of with a 'scooped eq' approach, but again, I wouldn't get all crazy with it.

In all likelihood, if someone wants to add vocals into it, they're going to want access to the stems, and at that point, it's probably better on them to add the vocals in and ensure the mix works well. I don't think it's very feasible to expect the bourdon of mixing random and unknown vocals from someone else to be on you.

Back