Need feedback on a Dance tune

Glitch1044

Producer
Hey dudes, I was hoping I could get some feedback on this remix I'm currently working on.

How does the bassline sound to you guys? I've been working my arse off trying to figure out Emery's bassline in Concrete Angel, but I feel like I'm getting nowhere close. I dunno.. I might just go back to the 90's bassline again an say screw it. :S
And also, I'm not sure what to think about the "main" part, like what I used for the intro. I think that while it sounds ok, I feel like it could use something more. Or maybe less?
I also know that the vocals have a shit ton too much of reverb at times as well. Not sure what I can do about that?
Anyhow, if you've got any ideas on how I might be able to improve this, please let me know!

basslines sounds good. you could try to roughen it up with saturation and more compression. also make more romm for the bassline by clearing out the low end of your synth
We don't think that the vocal reverb isn't a bad thing. makes it more dramatic. if you put the reverb on a send track, you can sidechain it to the vocal track, thus clearing the vocals more if thats your goal.

nice track overall, where did you get the vocals?
please return the feedback to our latest track aswell, thanks! :)

-un

The bass should be a bit louder, but not more complex. Keeping the bass line simple allows melodies of the vocals and lead synths to shine. Un_official is right in stating that sidechaining the vocals can help with so much reverb.

This is great already, has a catchy melody, great vocals and good structure imo. As a big percussion fan, it felt like the kick and snare/clap was getting lost in the main parts. Maybe add a little more highs to the kick so it stands out. Just a thought.

Anyways, good luck on finishing this, looking forward to hearing the end product :)

Last edited:
@Fudgetusk Thanks dude! :)

@un_official Yeah one of the problems is the reverb is part of the acapella. But I'll look into giving it some sidechain, see if that helps any. It's mostly during the quieter parts I feel it might be too much.
As for the bass, I think some of the high end might be coming from it actually. I'll mess around with some more, see where it'll get me.
Oh and I got the acapella from these guys. Excelsior Music | Free Listening on SoundCloud :)

@battlegun Yeah I thought I had added a crapload of bass, maybe even too much, until I played this on a decent sound system. The bass sounded almost non-existent. :S I think I might've had the sub turned down too far. Definitely wasn't happy about that. lol Going to look into that a bit more, see what's going on.

@JKilzz The kick was supposed to be a heavy bass/sub type of kick, but I think my sub bass is messing around with that I'd guess.
Your right about the claps and snares, thats something I wasn't quite finished yet but they are a bit too quiet for now. I'll mess around with that kick some more. Hopefully I be able to make it stand out a bit more. Thats one of the things I like about Emery's music, his kicks are freaking loud! Lol I'm trying to get there!

But thanks, everyone for the feedback! Means a lot to me! :)

Last edited:
basslines sounds good. you could try to roughen it up with saturation and more compression. also make more romm for the bassline by clearing out the low end of your synth
We don't think that the vocal reverb isn't a bad thing. makes it more dramatic. if you put the reverb on a send track, you can sidechain it to the vocal track, thus clearing the vocals more if thats your goal.

nice track overall, where did you get the vocals?
please return the feedback to our latest track aswell, thanks! :)

-un

Good Start,
very uplifting :-)
Cool Vocals where do you have them from?
Cool Bassline!
Arrangement is good.
Keep it up :-)
All the best,
Stans

Back