My very first attempt at tropical house

firewalk

Everyone seems to be asking for tropical house theese days, including my friends so I had to try and make some. This is not what I usually make so I don't really know what I'm doing... I finished the track but I'm not really sure if it's "real" tropical house or something else.
some feedback would be great! :)

Awsome forum by the way! I've been reading up and it seems like a great place to meet likeminded people :)

Hope you can find the time to listen to my mix, it would be much appriciated! :)

Thanks.

Eirik.

Last edited:
ive never actually heard of tropical house before, do you have any examples tunes i could check out. Saying that, this definitely sounds like how i would imagine tropical house to sound ;) its seems very well produced technically but without any reference its hard to say whether or not it fits the genre or not :)

Thanks man! Much appreciated! :) Really? It's said to be this years next "big thing". It seems like almost everyone is at it at this point. It's not really my genre. I'm more of a Trance/progressive/House kind of guy but since tropical is so popular theese days I felt I had to try make some. :)

One of the most popular artists driving this genre forward is Thomas Jack & Kygo. Do a search for "Kygo" on youtube and listen to his remixes. They are all in the tropical house style. :)

Hi! Great skills. I'm very impressed even if I don't like the style. Well done!
IMO if tropical house is about turn the bpm down and use pan flutes and carribean xylophones, that will never last.
I will check your soundcloud page to listen to your usual work, I expect some good tracks!
Cheers!

If you don't mind, I would appreciate if you check my work at:
--

Thanks a lot!

Thanks!! Much appreciated! :) I agree, I think it's something that will blow by. Perhaps it'll blossom for a year or two, and then there will be something new again. That's how it goes with every genre, It's called evolution I guess! :)
I just opened my soundcloud account about a week ago so I don't have much there yet, but I'll be uploading several more tracks soon.

I'll check out your soundcloud now. :) And thanks again.

Eirik.

Yes indeed! I've seen Tropical House everywhere on your soundcloud. I'll follow you and then will listen again in a couple of weeks..!:cheers:

Yes indeed! I've seen Tropical House everywhere on your soundcloud. I'll follow you and then will listen again in a couple of weeks..!:cheers:

yeah, it's the first track I've uploaded there so it's basically just 3 different mixes of the same track. I'll upload anotherone before the weekend.
I'm following you too on soundcloud now, so keep'em coming! :)

great chill remix! like it indeed.
how where you able to make so many plays? incredible!

hope you can listen to my latest track as well its in my signature thanks! :)

great chill remix! like it indeed.
how where you able to make so many plays? incredible!

hope you can listen to my latest track as well its in my signature thanks! :)

Thanks! Mich appreciated! It's my first tropical house track ever so it's good to know I didn't totally mess it up, I'm really more into Trance and more progressive house.

I got some reposts. And someone also bloged about it:
Sneaky Good Music: Fire Walk's Tropical House remix of Calvin Harris and Ellie Goulding's monster hit "Outside" is our pick for Tropical Tuesday

I posted it on my facebook etc for my friends to see too :) It also helps posting relevant groups on soundcloud so more people can hear :)

Thanks for your kind words! :)

Last edited:
Back