My First Song

Symfonik

House Music Enthusiast
Greetings and Salutations. My name is Ahmad, but please call me Symfonik. This is a little embarrassing for me to admit, but I'm totally new to EDM and House music production and I've only made one song that I'm actually happy with so far. I honestly don't know what genre it is or if it can even be considered House music. But I would like to hear what you guys think. If it isn't any trouble, of course. I hope your advice can help me improve what I do in the future.

I don't think it's house music in the traditional sense (like pure four to the floor kicks). nevertheless I like the sort of electronic retro feel to the track! The mix is a little muddy but you will improve your mixing as you create more music, for now just keep producing stuff and most importantly, have fun while doing it ;). Followed you on SC, keep up the good work!

-Charlie Raxx

Last edited:
Thank you! :) I'm really looking forward to producing more songs like this and hopefully experimenting with other genres of dance music. It might be kinda difficult for me to get the hang of mixing and all that though haha. But I'm sure I'll figure it all out soon. Admittedly, I'm still pretty young. Meaning I have plenty of time to improve my production skills (assuming I have any lol). I'm having a lot of fun creating my music. And I hope it stays that way for a long time. :D

Don't feel embarrassed, you're not supposed to like everything you make! In fact, I'd say not liking what you make will only help you improve. Its not a bad track, some interesting sounds and progression. Wouldn't call it house either but its solid. Some advice that was given to me that you might also appreciate is to focus less on making the perfect track and more on making as many tracks as possible. It gets you in the habit of producing and you practice/try new techniques each track. Whats your setup like?

I'm pretty new at this too and make way different sounding stuff but would love to hear your opinion.

Last edited:
Don't feel embarrassed, you're not supposed to like everything you make! In fact, I'd say not liking what you make will only help you improve. Its not a bad track, some interesting sounds and progression. Wouldn't call it house either but its solid. Some advice that was given to me that you might also appreciate is to focus less on making the perfect track and more on making as many tracks as possible. It gets you in the habit of producing and you practice/try new techniques each track. Whats your setup like?

I'm pretty new at this too and make way different sounding stuff but would love to hear your opinion.

I use FL Studio 12 and not much else for music production, really. And the track sounds great. I really love the intro and the breakdowns. How long have you been producing music?

Right on, I use FL also. I've very casually messed around for a while but have really been focused for a few months. I have zero musical background and don't play any instruments (looking to change that) so its been very enjoyable teaching myself and chasing the unicorn named perfection.

Right on, I use FL also. I've very casually messed around for a while but have really been focused for a few months. I have zero musical background and don't play any instruments (looking to change that) so its been very enjoyable teaching myself and chasing the unicorn named perfection.
Only a few months? I have to say, I'm really impressed with how good your music sounds this early into your production career. I literally just started producing and I feel like my work could be a lot better. But I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much considering I have plenty of free time to improve. I don't really have any musical background either, but I'm planning to join my high school band this fall just to try it out. I think it's going to be a little difficult for me to teach myself how to produce and master my music, though. Thank goodness I have this forum haha.

Only a few months? I have to say, I'm really impressed with how good your music sounds this early into your production career. I literally just started producing and I feel like my work could be a lot better. But I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much considering I have plenty of free time to improve. I don't really have any musical background either, but I'm planning to join my high school band this fall just to try it out. I think it's going to be a little difficult for me to teach myself how to produce and master my music, though. Thank goodness I have this forum haha.

Only a few months making this a daily focus, but I've messed around periodically for a lot longer. I really appreciate the compliment though, when bedroom producing its hard to know if anyone but you likes what you make lol.

Definitely don't worry about not liking what you make or thinking it could be a lot better. Being critical of what you make will allow you to get better. If you thought everything you did was awesome you'd never improve! Trust, I could share some files that would border on making your ears bleed lol

Due to some life experiences music became much more important to me and so I've really dived in. My main focus is developing habits that will keep me getting better. I force myself to create something every day (bassline, melody, drum loop, etc) and to check out new tutorials/articles etc. on various aspects of production, sound design, etc. I also make an original track every weekend. Typically one day of sound design and messing around then one day to polish. They aren't perfect but I feel like its a good exercise.

Once my skill gets up I'll focus more on making each track awesome. Its definitely not easy, and you really need the right equipment to properly mix and master. My setup is very basic, a laptop and some Senheiser cans. My goal isn't to make the greatest tracks on earth but the best stuff I can with what I have. If I get good enough or somehow get an audience I'll upgrade but that's quite a ways down the road, if ever.

This forum has a lot of good info hidden, use the search function to find specific info. And definitely join band, I wish I had learned an instrument when I was your age. All of this would be much easier and I could do more interesting things. If you like doing this keep at it, it only gets better

Only a few months making this a daily focus, but I've messed around periodically for a lot longer. I really appreciate the compliment though, when bedroom producing its hard to know if anyone but you likes what you make lol.

Definitely don't worry about not liking what you make or thinking it could be a lot better. Being critical of what you make will allow you to get better. If you thought everything you did was awesome you'd never improve! Trust, I could share some files that would border on making your ears bleed lol

Due to some life experiences music became much more important to me and so I've really dived in. My main focus is developing habits that will keep me getting better. I force myself to create something every day (bassline, melody, drum loop, etc) and to check out new tutorials/articles etc. on various aspects of production, sound design, etc. I also make an original track every weekend. Typically one day of sound design and messing around then one day to polish. They aren't perfect but I feel like its a good exercise.

Once my skill gets up I'll focus more on making each track awesome. Its definitely not easy, and you really need the right equipment to properly mix and master. My setup is very basic, a laptop and some Senheiser cans. My goal isn't to make the greatest tracks on earth but the best stuff I can with what I have. If I get good enough or somehow get an audience I'll upgrade but that's quite a ways down the road, if ever.

This forum has a lot of good info hidden, use the search function to find specific info. And definitely join band, I wish I had learned an instrument when I was your age. All of this would be much easier and I could do more interesting things. If you like doing this keep at it, it only gets better

Honestly, EDM changed me in ways I could never explain. I was going through a lot and it's been one of the only forms of joy and escapism in my life. The only reason why I'm striving to make music this much is because of how important it is to me and how passionate I am about the EDM scene. While I have more interest in recreating the style of EDM of the late 2000's, it would still mean a whole lot to me to make music that can impact and inspire others the same way their music impacted and inspired me. Thank you for the advice and encouragement. I appreciate it more than you could ever imagine.

Honestly, EDM changed me in ways I could never explain. I was going through a lot and it's been one of the only forms of joy and escapism in my life. The only reason why I'm striving to make music this much is because of how important it is to me and how passionate I am about the EDM scene. While I have more interest in recreating the style of EDM of the late 2000's, it would still mean a whole lot to me to make music that can impact and inspire others the same way their music impacted and inspired me. Thank you for the advice and encouragement. I appreciate it more than you could ever imagine.

Right on. This kind of music, and the scene behind it, is pretty damn powerful. Glad to encourage

Back