My first music in FL Studio. Listen if you dare

Yes this does indeed sound like a first but it's got potential; I'm quite new to fl studio but I'll make some honest suggestions.
1) You're gonna have to come up with something to change up the melody, it was the same melody, unchanged for half the song.
2) Related to 1, it sounded as if you cut and pasted 2 songs from different genres onto the end of the other. I'm not sure what genre you were aiming for but it started with a hip-hop instrumental to an electro mashup of sorts.
3) If you look at the waveform on soundcloud, you'll see it's up and down throughout the song, you want to try and level that by filling it with a low/mid range sound and probably lowering the higher range frequencies with an EQ.
4) The track could 110% do with a bassline in the second 'half', anything! Just give me something haha, it sounds very upper mid-highs and just the kick to bring it lower. :(

Hopefully this is a start, but good luck with FL, it's a fantastic tool :)

Last edited:
Don't really have much to say for this. It's not that good. You need to limit the kick, bring more structure to the track, balance the sounds more, add more sounds and the list goes on. Just experiment a bit more and watch a few more video's / tutorials. We all started out at some point. Brave of you to share this already. Don't let bad reactions on your track demotivate you. Just keep on practising. If you wanna hear what 4 months of FL-Studio progress sounds like then check my Soundcloud. You can really see the difference in quality from the first posted track to the most recent one. Let me know what you think of it ;) soundcloud.com/user-345343572

Hi, thanks for the honest comments.
I checked your soundcloud and actually i liked "Try this" more than "Summer 2017 remastered". I like the way your first song builded tension and the guitar solo surprised me in a good way. But maybe that is just my taste at the moment. Summer 2017 high frequencies seemed overly agressive even in the remix.

Tell me, how come the waveform of your tracks are always sine waves?

Thanks for the comments!

1) Music is somewhat founded in repetition, but too much of the same and it gets boring, i know. I agree.
2) I agree as well, i really didn't know where to go and ended up with a B part that was very different from the first one.
3) Nice observation, the waveform is really different from the first one i made which was more "filled" and not with so many ups and downs. I'm still learning about mixing and mastering.
4) Yeah, the bassline doesn't come back for the second part.

I just followed you on soundcloud, some sick sounds in your EP!

Try to make all the sounds, especially the synth a little more unique. Just alter them a bit and make them a little more "strange" and that would really make the production better I think. Now it sounds too "basic".

Back