[Melodic Dubstep] Path to Victory

Kyrpto

I feel like the mixing can be improved but can't really pinpoint on how. Any ideas or feedback?

Cool track man! The progression of the track was great, the drop is crazy! Mixing wise I would say everything sounds a bit dull. I would try to bring out the higher frequencies of the important sounds, especially in the drop. The pad sounds good frequency wise, just bring out those crazy wub sounds. :D

Another thing mixing wise, the kick sounds kind of faded in the back of everything. You could either increase the bass frequencies of the kick, or better, take out the lows of all the sounds that don't need it, especially below 100 Hz. Just try to make it more prominent in the mix.

Hope this helps a bit! Keep up the great work :)
OAKUM--

As Oakum said it sounds a bit dull. I would suggest boosting some high frequencies and adding compression to your sounds! Also I can't hear any sidechaining going on? Maybe you should add it to the kick and a bit to the snare so they punch through a bit more. Hope this helps! Cheers Ca55ion

Here is a melodic dubstep track which I made. Maybe you can use it as some sort of a reference!
ft. WithoutMyArmor - Tonight by Ca55ion | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Okay I took the advice of raising the high frequencies so I boosted it on some of the instruments. Hope I didn't over do it.

This is the version that was mixed by a pro. Let me know how it compares and if anything should be changed. Thanks!

wah.. the term "dubstep" has changed some since 2006.. the reason to go those FWD evenings was to get away from these kinds of glitzy oppressive sounds.
"come meditate to bass weight" was the mantra.

I always find this kind of music very impressive from a production standpoint but I honestly can't stand it as a listener for more than 30 seconds.
It also tries so hard to be random and overwhelming that it actually becomes predictable.

Technically it's good though and definitely improves tremendously in sound between the different versions you posted,
so don't take my opinion as a critique. I'm just old. When I see the term 'dubstep' it just reminds me of a completely different type of music ;)
Much of that is a matter of taste, age and location, I suppose.
So carry on ;)

^ bruh, one of the few true dubheads. Skream and Benga, Coki, Kode9 n shiii ...yes yes. hatcha of course. And whaaat, club FWD and the DMZ?! (I think that what's its called, with coki and mala) Damn, wish I was closer. We have a few venues in LA that do justice, but too many of us in the states have no idea what dubstep really is... :/

Has to have that bass heavy reggae influence...(and dub by itself for that matter).

it's been a while since i've met someone who knows the truth, big ups localspace

PS, ya the tune is cool and clever (unique), but i wouldnt calssify as dubstep. Cool ideas tho!

Last edited:
Lol.. much much worse, old Junglehead here ;)
But lets not ruin this guy's topic waxing nostalgically. It's not my taste, but he's got a good track here!

Back