LWJ - Flight 1000

I uploaded the final version (so far)...

and I did this one in two hours because I have the flu and nothing better to do.

EDIT: spent a bit more on it now..

Last edited:
i liked the morning safari, its really trippy but some noises are yet to loud for me
you can mix it better! but the overall idea is pretty cool i love it

Wow this page is chaotic! https://gyazo.com/1d45af8dc915a74e17c19b3112df2977

I would put a ghostside chain on the bass if u didnt already ;).
Ur style is really unique, the bass is very juicy and the songs are really unpredictable, the atmosphere is kinda dark
I dont like japanese type of vocal on the Morning Safari track, kinda ruined it for me lol.

Don't change, just try to become better at ur own niche style, I am curious to see what u bring up next!

Het beste advies als je om feedback vraagt die ik je kan geven is zelf feedback geven en je muziek wat meer proberen te verkopen in de titels en de posts zelf!

Zou je feedback willen geven op mijn track? Zou ik waarderen!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ouse-marks-just-talkin-f4f-guaranteed-536444/

If u can't understand please translate.google.com

i liked the morning safari, its really trippy but some noises are yet to loud for me
you can mix it better! but the overall idea is pretty cool i love it

Shalom!
Thanks for checking.
You're right. I was half sick yesterday and the idea was to make something without thinking.. just keeping busy until it was time for dinner, lol.. and then spent some more time after dinner taking most of the sounds back off. The before dinner version was a total mess.

It's mostly samples from my other tracks being destroyed even further. I have like +30db high frequency boosts on top of reverbs and things like that ;) It's an engineering nightmare, lol.
It wasn't even supposed to be going anywhere, but I liked the woozy, disorienting vibe of it so I ran with that.

There will be a better (or different, at least.) version later today or tomorrow. I was just gonna mix it, but I'm already adding new basslines.. hah, so we'll see.

Wow this page is chaotic! https://gyazo.com/1d45af8dc915a74e17c19b3112df2977

I would put a ghostside chain on the bass if u didnt already ;).
Ur style is really unique, the bass is very juicy and the songs are really unpredictable, the atmosphere is kinda dark
I dont like japanese type of vocal on the Morning Safari track, kinda ruined it for me lol.

Don't change, just try to become better at ur own niche style, I am curious to see what u bring up next!

Het beste advies als je om feedback vraagt die ik je kan geven is zelf feedback geven en je muziek wat meer proberen te verkopen in de titels en de posts zelf!

Zou je feedback willen geven op mijn track? Zou ik waarderen!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ouse-marks-just-talkin-f4f-guaranteed-536444/

If u can't understand please translate.google.com

Haha.. the play buttons are pretty in your face, so I guess people can figure it out :)

Thanks for the compliment though. Juicy bass... I'm gonna have to remember that!
You're probably right about the sample, but it also inspired me to add a bunch of the percussive elements that ended up driving the track.
To me it brings up a memory of a very specific, very old film, with an amazing soundtrack. And that particular actor/crazy m*****er (Toshinoro Mifune).. so it's defintely part
of the inspiration.

But to a casual non-japanese samurai flick-buff listener it's just gonna sound like random Japanese shouting sampled from Dragonball Z or something.. and that's totally not what
I'm after. But using samples like that is a huge part of my process.. even if they end up removed.
They can bring along this whole memory to a movie, time, place, era, aesthetic.. whatever, that's really inspiring to me.

As for 'selling' my music more (the part you wrote in Dutch): true too. But the first problem is I have no idea either how to classify my style. Is it house, techno, bass..?
I started off making hiphop and before that was in a punk band. I still bring a lot of that attitude to it too. The moment I would fit neatly into a genre, I'd get very nervous.
Selling isn't a big priority, I've worked in the industry a bit. Enough to know that there's isn't exactly a lot of money in it and a lot of it is very fake. I'm focusing on other projects atm.
At some point localspace Music is going to become it's own little label of sorts, but as a pet side-project.. not a money making venture.
Getting stuff released isn't actually the problem, but having something interesting enough to release and then some variety and catalog to become viable is.
As I wrote this, about 500 'record labels' have gone belly up ;)

I don't give a lot of feedback on here, it's just not very natural to me. Like you mentioned: I like unique sounds, and the part of your track I may be shitting on now, may be what could
make you unique and celebrated down the line.. so who I'm I, right? I do make a point of being all over questions in other sections if I can answer them, that suits me better.
TBH, I'm very picky when it comes to music... a lot of genres people here aim for, I simply don't like very much so I doubt my comments on it would help anyone, haha.
I'll give your track a listen though..

To me it brings up a memory of a very specific, very old film, with an amazing soundtrack. And that particular actor/crazy m*****er (Toshinoro Mifune).. so it's defintely part
of the inspiration.

But to a casual non-japanese samurai flick-buff listener it's just gonna sound like random Japanese shouting sampled from Dragonball Z or something.. and that's totally not what
I'm after. But using samples like that is a huge part of my process.. even if they end up removed.
They can bring along this whole memory to a movie, time, place, era, aesthetic.. whatever, that's really inspiring to me.

Wow thats actually a cool story behind using one sample!
Yea if ur goal is to entertain urself experimenting with music then it sounds like u are on the right path!

As for 'selling' my music more (the part you wrote in Dutch): true too. But the first problem is I have no idea either how to classify my style. Is it house, techno, bass..?
I started off making hiphop and before that was in a punk band. I still bring a lot of that attitude to it too. The moment I would fit neatly into a genre, I'd get very nervous.
Selling isn't a big priority, I've worked in the industry a bit. Enough to know that there's isn't exactly a lot of money in it and a lot of it is very fake. I'm focusing on other projects atm.
At some point localspace Music is going to become it's own little label of sorts, but as a pet side-project.. not a money making venture.
Getting stuff released isn't actually the problem, but having something interesting enough to release and then some variety and catalog to become viable is.
As I wrote this, about 500 'record labels' have gone belly up ;)

With selling the project I mean, the topic in here is pretty useless u pretty much say:"hey i've made something", a lot of people back off from that :p.
If u would put something like, "hello, I got this project I've recently finished, it has a nice rythm and a juicy bass, tell me what u think" people would probably comment more I think.

I am trying to refer towards the fact that u didnt have a comment for like 4 days on a forum with a decent amount of active users :).

Also can I ask u, which DAW do u use?

Looking forward to the feedback :D

Last edited:
True.. but it's also honest, cause that's honestly all it was: hey I made this.. check it out if you want.
I'm mostly here to talk techniques, see what other people are doing, and how.. not to draw a lot of attention to my tracks.
I only recently got back into producing, not having done a whole lot for years and if you listen to the last 10 tracks I made, they're all over the place.
I'm more than happy to mess around for now ;)

I use fruityloops.. yeah, I know, but I like it. I tried a whole bunch of the other ones, but I keep coming back to FL. Something about the (admittedly crappy) interface
works well for me. It helps coming up with new sounds. I don't get that in Logic, Cubase or ProTools as much.. it's too streamlined and neat, I get right in on mixing
instead of messing around with sounds. I'm not using a lot of the built in effects though.
I am looking to incorporate some hardware though, at which point it's probably time to finally drop FL.

Back