Looking for some feedback on my latest track!

TOT10

Nettal
Hey, this is my most recent track and was looking for some feedback on it! It is called Nettal - GO and if you look it up in soundcloud it is the first one that comes up. I unfortunately can't post links because I don't have enough posts but if anyone could have the time to give me some feedback that would be nice! Thank you!:cool:

Took a listen and I really love the melody you crafted. I know its a short track, but I feel that more could be added to the song, such as a break or bridge, as it does get repetitive. Overall, I enjoyed what you have created.

Hey man, this is a nice track, I really like it! The melody is really cool and I love the overall feel of the composition. However, I've got a little tip regarding that high pitched main lead. I suggest you try EQ-ing out those pesky sharp frequencies. You can also try out compressing it a bit to see where it gets you. That's my 2 cents. Overall a very good track, keep it up and I'm looking forward to hear more music from you :)

Hey man, this is a nice track, I really like it! The melody is really cool and I love the overall feel of the composition. However, I've got a little tip regarding that high pitched main lead. I suggest you try EQ-ing out those pesky sharp frequencies. You can also try out compressing it a bit to see where it gets you. That's my 2 cents. Overall a very good track, keep it up and I'm looking forward to hear more music from you :)

Thanks for the constructive feedback! I'll take use those tips! This forum is great!!!

Cool, nice track. It just sounds good, like nothing is harsh really. The main melody can some times be a little abrasive. Like I like the flute, but maybe the mids or highs could be tuned down just a little on it in places. Maybe just the overall volume of the flute could be lowered a little. It could also use some layering I think, maybe copy the flute to another instrument that is quieter to give it some depth.

I personally saw the most area for improvement in your song structure. I thought the intro to the song was the best part, it has a really cool feel, but then that energy sort of doesn't go anywhere. You have a break down at around 1:20 that would maybe be a good opportunity to take the melody other places. Maybe have it climb an octave and create a different feeling, and then it could return to the original melody as the beat comes back. Idk just an idea, but I personally feel like the melody could have more movement, or if not, maybe there could be another melody that comes in. It just feels a little repetitive. The sound you are going for may be for a more repetitive trancy feel though. If that is the case, I still think you could create some more movement in the melody, just possibly drag the movement out a little more and increase the song length a little more.

These are just some ideas that came to mind as I was listening to it with a critical ear, but it sounds good overall. Hopefully this helps.

here some feedback. I'm an amateur myself som take this feedback for what it is. Remove the first part because it's all over the place. The piano chords sounds like off key for instance. Don't place the same melody over and over. The flute has some frequencies that should be adressed between 500 to 1k range on the equaliser. I also think there are some higher frequencies on the flute that needs to be cut.

Work more with the really good part that starts around 0,49. It's really good! You're on to something there. Use that part to add and remove instruments.

Back