Like A G6 (Arixxo Remix)

Lol Oh, this song. Such artistic "lyrics" in this one. Dev must've been drinking some good stuff. :alcoholic:
Anyhow! On the mix, I'd say all lyrics/vocals aside, it sounds really good! The vocals do fit perfectly with the track. Only thing I can think of is maybe introduce a slightly "louder" trance lead come in at the 1:46 mark. Overall cool track!

Project Reality by Avyde | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Hey!

Thanks for the real intro, good for DJing :)

No notes on the break and build - they are mixed fine - or on the overall production. All the elements have purpose and are thoughtfully chosen. The drop however lacks a lot of power which tells me a few things:

1. From the waveform, its clear your drop is under-compressed. I dont have an RMS reader on my laptop (I produce primarily on my desktop), but I'd wager that both your breaks and drop hover around -7 or -8 db RMS. While this is fine for a break (I typically have my builds go from about -6.5 to -9 by the fill) its far too quiet for the drop. I'd aim for -5 to -6db for a drop.

2. To acheive the above, here are a couple solutions: volume automate the master so that the verse is down about 3db compared to the drop. This is the messiest way as it doesnt really ensure the problem is fixed in terms of perceived loudness, but its a possibility. Second option: use a maxmizer/compressor (my favorite is the one in Ozone 7) and squash the overall waveform; then use filter automation to lower the RMS of the break and build.

3. In order to use option two in the above point, you need to improve your mix. In the drop, the levels are wildly unbalanced, with the keys almost. Make sure you have strong EQ seperation between elements to ensure that they can take maximum advantage of any gain you give them, without muddying your mix. My bet is that those keys have no end that you havnt cut, and as a result even though the level is up they sound quiet a lot of their gain is being spent on low, unneeded frequencies. Once the mix in balanced and EQed properly, compression to achieve that RMS shouldnt distort the master.

If you want to learn more about mixing and mastering, I did a livestream linked below. While its on g house, the same principles apply.

How to Mix and Master G House - YouTube

Happy dancing!

Sounds ok fundamentally. I dig the comp, but I recommend more layers for your main lead; as well as mess around with some synth design over nexus. It can help give you some personal flavor. Keep working there's a lot of promise!

Thanks for the feedback mate! Much appreciated :)
Lol Oh, this song. Such artistic "lyrics" in this one. Dev must've been drinking some good stuff. :alcoholic:
Anyhow! On the mix, I'd say all lyrics/vocals aside, it sounds really good! The vocals do fit perfectly with the track. Only thing I can think of is maybe introduce a slightly "louder" trance lead come in at the 1:46 mark. Overall cool track!

Project Reality by Avyde | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Wow, Thank you for this! Ill definitely take all of that into consideration for future tracks, and be sure to watch your tutorials!
Hey!

Thanks for the real intro, good for DJing :)

No notes on the break and build - they are mixed fine - or on the overall production. All the elements have purpose and are thoughtfully chosen. The drop however lacks a lot of power which tells me a few things:

1. From the waveform, its clear your drop is under-compressed. I dont have an RMS reader on my laptop (I produce primarily on my desktop), but I'd wager that both your breaks and drop hover around -7 or -8 db RMS. While this is fine for a break (I typically have my builds go from about -6.5 to -9 by the fill) its far too quiet for the drop. I'd aim for -5 to -6db for a drop.

2. To acheive the above, here are a couple solutions: volume automate the master so that the verse is down about 3db compared to the drop. This is the messiest way as it doesnt really ensure the problem is fixed in terms of perceived loudness, but its a possibility. Second option: use a maxmizer/compressor (my favorite is the one in Ozone 7) and squash the overall waveform; then use filter automation to lower the RMS of the break and build.

3. In order to use option two in the above point, you need to improve your mix. In the drop, the levels are wildly unbalanced, with the keys almost. Make sure you have strong EQ seperation between elements to ensure that they can take maximum advantage of any gain you give them, without muddying your mix. My bet is that those keys have no end that you havnt cut, and as a result even though the level is up they sound quiet a lot of their gain is being spent on low, unneeded frequencies. Once the mix in balanced and EQed properly, compression to achieve that RMS shouldnt distort the master.

If you want to learn more about mixing and mastering, I did a livestream linked below. While its on g house, the same principles apply.

How to Mix and Master G House - YouTube

Happy dancing!

Thanks for the feedback! I've actually been working a lot on sound design recently but still need to improve on it!
Sounds ok fundamentally. I dig the comp, but I recommend more layers for your main lead; as well as mess around with some synth design over nexus. It can help give you some personal flavor. Keep working there's a lot of promise!

Back