KJB - Gravity

kujaboy

I haven't produced for months. I did play around for some days with the default plugins and samples (have nothing else on my laptop so far) and I came up with this project that I just finished. Any tips to improve myself when it comes to EDM producing (Trap, DnB, Dubstep). I feel like something is really missing in my tracks, and I think the huge part is effects (reverb, delay, etc). What should I use to get started?

This is pretty good for using stock plugins/samples. I liked the arping melody you have going on as well.

As for some feedback or general tips... I will say that one element that was missing was bass presence. It's a fun challenge getting the kick/sub/bass to work together, but it can get frustrating too lol. Also, structure and energy control are important, at least in my early days they were critical. Heck, I am still constantly learning better ways or methods to get things to engage the listener.

All in all though, not bad for taking a long break, looking forward to hearing more.

I feel like the idea is there but the fact that you're using all stock kinda hurts it. If this had more interesting/powerful sounds itd be dope. Invest in some plug ins or sound packs or create some of your own sounds using your stock plug ins.
As for the bass and kick working together, obviously sidechaining them together is a must and focus on the EQs of your low end sound. Ill usually put a little dip in my bass where the kick is peaking.

Back