Kaytranada x Stefan Ponce Type Beat (F4F)

GuessBeatz

This is the first beat I've made in awhile so I'm looking for any feedback and constructive criticism I can get. Please leave links to your music as well so I can give them feedback to.

Last edited:
Yo GuessBeatz,

Really cool track man, I like the set of instruments you have used, they work well. I have a couple of suggestions for how I would personally alter the track. Firstly, the mix seems a little narrow to me. I’m listening in headphones and it could be wider. Do you have anything hard panned L/R?

One other thing, I would maybe try playing around with a bit of automation on the synths, maybe in terms of cutoff, FM and volume to make the builds to the chorus more dramatic.

Keep up the good work!

5Kolours

Just had another listen - love that bongo / shaker type percussion :D

Have you thought about rapping over this?

Yo GuessBeatz,

Really cool track man, I like the set of instruments you have used, they work well. I have a couple of suggestions for how I would personally alter the track. Firstly, the mix seems a little narrow to me. I’m listening in headphones and it could be wider. Do you have anything hard panned L/R?

One other thing, I would maybe try playing around with a bit of automation on the synths, maybe in terms of cutoff, FM and volume to make the builds to the chorus more dramatic.

Keep up the good work!

5Kolours
I do agree with that it does seem a tad narrow after I listened more closely. I don't have anything hard panned but I don't think I stereorized things as widely as I could have and that may be the problem. I never thought of automating anything besides the cutoff before it's not something I've experimented with much.

Just had another listen - love that bongo / shaker type percussion :D

Have you thought about rapping over this?

I've been trying to include more percussion based drums in my sound so I'm happy it stuck out to you. And no I definitely have no business trying to rap over any beat hahah

This is nice! That percussion is definitely a great touch. I like all the synth work and sound design in general. I think the drums could crack through the mix a little more, I think that might be partially mixing but mainly the sound qualities of the snare. Also, the synth lead thing might be a hair too loud in my opinion. The arrangement is point and keeps it interesting, super dope track overall!

here's a link if you could return the feed, thanks!
www.futureproducers.com/forums/prod...bstract-rude-casual-hieroglyphics-f4f-531752/

This is nice! That percussion is definitely a great touch. I like all the synth work and sound design in general. I think the drums could crack through the mix a little more, I think that might be partially mixing but mainly the sound qualities of the snare. Also, the synth lead thing might be a hair too loud in my opinion. The arrangement is point and keeps it interesting, super dope track overall!

here's a link if you could return the feed, thanks!
www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-and-receive-feedback-/rap-chill-rap-boom-bap-trap-dirty-south-etc/new-track-abstract-rude-casual-hieroglyphics-f4f-531752/

Thank you I appreciate the feedback and I'm glad to hear the track is great for the most part with only a few minor adjustments

Back