Just Another Sunday [ Subgenre Unknown ;) ]

Hi Guys,

Finished something I had laying around for a while now:

I don't know what subgenre this would be? Does anyone know?
Feedback is always appreciated, and let me know if you want feedback on your stuff I always love hearing new music :)

Peace,

- Charlie Raxx

I really like the arrangement. In my eyes this would be Chill-step just because it has the boom/clack of a step track. It also has a bit of a retro feel to it. It's entertaining, and engaging. Breaks well, and stays fresh. On the mix it seems the highs are way too hot. Maybe try a low pass filter and take out some of the high end which I feel is the only thing that detracts from the track. If you got some time check out the mix I just posted. :)

I really like the arrangement. In my eyes this would be Chill-step just because it has the boom/clack of a step track. It also has a bit of a retro feel to it. It's entertaining, and engaging. Breaks well, and stays fresh. On the mix it seems the highs are way too hot. Maybe try a low pass filter and take out some of the high end which I feel is the only thing that detracts from the track. If you got some time check out the mix I just posted.
smile.png
Will have a look, thank you for the useful feedback!

Last edited:
Great track, flows along nicely and I like the sounds you have used and the mix sounds ok on my laptop speakers.
I have reposted it on my repost page good luck and well done.

Please can you give a little feedback on my latest track :)

Here is the link to my post on here

New track called Summertime Love (F4F)

My work speakers are garbage but this came through nicely. I agree with an earlier comment, the highs seems a bit too high. Very chill vibe that evolves nicely through the track. I like all of the various ambient sounds blending in and out. I'm not good with the intricacies of sub-genres but I'd say something with 'chill' in it haha. Nice track for sure

My work speakers are garbage but this came through nicely. I agree with an earlier comment, the highs seems a bit too high. Very chill vibe that evolves nicely through the track. I like all of the various ambient sounds blending in and out. I'm not good with the intricacies of sub-genres but I'd say something with 'chill' in it haha. Nice track for sure

Thanks for the positive feedback Trip!
I've tested it on a few different systems now, and it does seem to work on most nicely. Also referenced the highs vs a few other tracks and it does seem like I've overcooked them slightly for this particular genre (although there is always worse, completely different genre but listen to the drop on this one: W&W - Caribbean Rave by W&W | Free Listening on SoundCloud XDD). I'm gonna keep it this way though, the highs add a bit of energy and sparkle to the track that it lacks without them imo (to my ears atleast).

Thanks for the positive feedback Trip!
I've tested it on a few different systems now, and it does seem to work on most nicely. Also referenced the highs vs a few other tracks and it does seem like I've overcooked them slightly for this particular genre (although there is always worse, completely different genre but listen to the drop on this one: W&W - Caribbean Rave by W&W | Free Listening on SoundCloud XDD). I'm gonna keep it this way though, the highs add a bit of energy and sparkle to the track that it lacks without them imo (to my ears atleast).

Right on, I'm a big believer that the most important listener is the producer. If you don't like it, whats the point? Funny enough, in listening to my latest track I think my highs are too high now. Always fun chasing that unicorn named perfection!

Sounds pretty sweet. I like the arrangement. The snare/clap sits really quite nicely. There's a lot of transient on your kick, probably a tad too much, I'd personally take some high end out of the kick, yanno lowpass it, and then see if i can add the transient on later using some sort of transient shaper. I find that works sometimes.

As previous comments have said, the high end is a tad too much. But really other than that it's a great track

Very clean stuff, good general sound quality imo. Regarding the song itself, my favorite part is the break around 2:05; Also like the use of the vinyl crackling. The only thing I would like to see from this is maybe some kind of variation used in the later part of the song (chords wise), though obviously music is subjective. Great Job!

Very clean stuff, good general sound quality imo. Regarding the song itself, my favorite part is the break around 2:05; Also like the use of the vinyl crackling. The only thing I would like to see from this is maybe some kind of variation used in the later part of the song (chords wise), though obviously music is subjective. Great Job!

Thanks for the great feedback! I'm glad you noticed the vinyl crackling :)

Back