Judge my track

Hardada

Hi everyone!

I made this future house track, and as written in the description on soundcloud, this was my first attempt in making a future bass track.
I wasn't quite sure on how to build up the song around the drop, but this was what i ended up with: https://soundcloud.com/thomas-kejser-804178261/future-bass

Please let me know what can be changed about this track, and also note if there is something you like (would make me happy :D)

Cheers.

It has a really nice chord progression that motivates the listener to keep listening. It also serves as a good hook. I think the snare seems to be drowned out at times by other elements of the song. You could maybe add some overdrive/distortion to bring the snare out a little bit. It maybe the white noise in the main synthesizers that's interfering with it. I think the main synths have the right amount of white noise to give them an interesting texture though. The drums are mixed in well too. You should consider putting in some more interpolated drums or overheads to give the beat some more dynamics. It was good overall though. You should pursue making more music in that genre.

https://soundcloud.com/chazmblue/strangelights128final2017

It has a really nice chord progression that motivates the listener to keep listening. It also serves as a good hook. I think the snare seems to be drowned out at times by other elements of the song. You could maybe add some overdrive/distortion to bring the snare out a little bit. It maybe the white noise in the main synthesizers that's interfering with it. I think the main synths have the right amount of white noise to give them an interesting texture though. The drums are mixed in well too. You should consider putting in some more interpolated drums or overheads to give the beat some more dynamics. It was good overall though. You should pursue making more music in that genre.

https://soundcloud.com/chazmblue/strangelights128final2017

Hi Beaches077!

Thank you very much for reply, i appreciate very much!
I will try to work on the constructive criticism, and i hope it will help me to become better at producing.
But as i have mentioned, i don't usually produce this type of music, but with your kind words, i am sure i will try to produce some more future bass...
And again, thank you very much.

great chord progression and choices of timbres. Your on the right track, i would say what stands out to me is the build up. I feel like i'm waiting a bit too long for the drums to come in. At the verse part, you want the listener to be in the groove already. Future bass is all about that tremolo super saw synth that hits on the chorus part. This is usually the focus of the track and here it comes in to early. Music is kinda like sex in that if you go straight for the sex part, it not as pleasurable. but if you build up the excitement slowly with foreplay, it makes sex much better. The same apples here in that you have a really great sounding synth part that you want to build up to. you could use a synth with a shorter decay to "tease" elements of what the groove is building up to. Then when the main chorus hits, just hit em with that full on, wide-stereo super saw. using white noise with a sweeping low pass filter will also help intensify your build ups as well. Keep working and you'll good from having a good track to an amazing track. :berzerk:

and please judge my track: i only have one post so i cant post links.

Thanks!

The kick is far too loud, and kinda drowns out the other elements of the song. The snare is too quiet for sure... But I wouldn't say to overdrive it or anything like that considering the vibe of your track. There's clearly more space in the song so I would just say to use some light compression on the snare and other elements of the song to bring up those quieter sounds. This track is cool tho! The writing and synth choice are pretty good, the production just makes it sound a little amateur yaknow. Just look into compression and pay close attention to how it affects the feel of your tracks :D

The kick is far too loud, and kinda drowns out the other elements of the song. The snare is too quiet for sure... But I wouldn't say to overdrive it or anything like that considering the vibe of your track. There's clearly more space in the song so I would just say to use some light compression on the snare and other elements of the song to bring up those quieter sounds. This track is cool tho! The writing and synth choice are pretty good, the production just makes it sound a little amateur yaknow. Just look into compression and pay close attention to how it affects the feel of your tracks :D

Thank you very much for the reply!
As you are saying, my main problem is to get out of that ''amatuer'' zone, i'm currently in... Problem is, i don't really know how to work with all these tools, on how to make my sounds sound greater... I have no experience in that area, but i hope to get better at it!

Intro is way too long. Compress entire section until the drums hit to 30 seconds MAX. When drums hit, things start to pick up, but then you bow out way too early to go into an new-age section - only to revisit the drums later. If that's your breakdown, then earn the break with a true dramatic build. Musically and production-wise there's a lot to be proud of, but the structure is betraying you.

Hey buddy, I think the synth at the introduction could sound a bit fuller. I was listening with headphones and it felt like it had been panned right and the left speaker was lacking a bit. I was expecting the drop to fill out the speakers a bit but it still felt a bit 'shallow'. I would try adding some other synths (perhaps with different pitches), across the speakers, just to fatten up your sound a bit. Loving the vibes and the sounds/instruments you have used - right up my street. Percussion is fairly decent but could be improved with a couple more percussive instruments. Like, I love the little snare roll you have at 2:44, more things like this could be added to just beef up the track. You've done really well with the structure and the drops - which I can sometimes find to be the hardest parts of the track to perfect. Keep up the good work man, looking forward to seeing what else you create!

Hey buddy, I think the synth at the introduction could sound a bit fuller. I was listening with headphones and it felt like it had been panned right and the left speaker was lacking a bit. I was expecting the drop to fill out the speakers a bit but it still felt a bit 'shallow'. I would try adding some other synths (perhaps with different pitches), across the speakers, just to fatten up your sound a bit. Loving the vibes and the sounds/instruments you have used - right up my street. Percussion is fairly decent but could be improved with a couple more percussive instruments. Like, I love the little snare roll you have at 2:44, more things like this could be added to just beef up the track. You've done really well with the structure and the drops - which I can sometimes find to be the hardest parts of the track to perfect. Keep up the good work man, looking forward to seeing what else you create!

Thank you for the reply, these kind words really made my day!

I will take your words with me, in hope of getting better at producing :)
And i'm currently working on a new track, which also has the future bassish sound.
Looking forward to see if you like it :)

Loving that comb synth and happy vibes on this song. For some reason most of my tracks end up minor, hopefully that isn't a reflection of my person. Think you should start to play around with some vocal samples on this one though, it feels like it is lacking that final layer! Keep up the good work boss!

Don't think that I can add anything to the comments made above,
the track is not my style but I really like the composition of it!
Like already said, the build up devolops itself in a nice way and the overall vibe is good,
maybe some more elements would make it even more interesting like Slunk suggest.
Keep up the good work man!

Loving that comb synth and happy vibes on this song. For some reason most of my tracks end up minor, hopefully that isn't a reflection of my person. Think you should start to play around with some vocal samples on this one though, it feels like it is lacking that final layer! Keep up the good work boss!

Thank you once again for the kind words!

I would love to add vocals on my tracks, but problem is, i have no idea where to get 'em... I have no contacts in this ''business'', and i can't really afford a singer to give some vocals.
But anyways, thank you!

I liked it. Kick would have been a bit quiter and maybe some bells like soft rides could be good for the last part.

You should be able to find some free samples on the internet. Maybe try looperman.com? You can get tempo specific vocals.

Nice chords and a cool melody that really stays interesting. I'm missing some stuff in the wide areas of the mix man. I think it will be a difference of day and night if you widen out some of the elements used in the track!

Very cool work!

Back