Interloper (Original)

This is a song inspired by the amazing Eric Prydz and his track "The Truth" I really wanted to synthesize a sound similar to the one he uses as his main melodic element playing arpeggiated chords. I went for a brassy and bright sound to really make the melody compelling and sparkle. Let me know what you think!

Hey ToothandnaiL,

Nice track and thanks for sharing! Being the true progressive house piece that it is ending almost at the 8 minute mark, I did scrub through it a little and tried to analyze the different parts. Overall, the track is solid and fun, but I feel a few corrections in the master could be done a little differently, like lowering the kick volume a tad as it really punches the ears, slightly lowering the "mud" frequencies around 200-450 hz with a low-lowmid Q, and maybe adding soft compression while distorting less on the limiter.

If you don't already, a good trick is to mix/master on low volume as well. If something is too quiet or too loud, then it's easier to spot that than when you have everything playing loud in your ears, especially after some time when your ears start to get used to the track.

Hope this helps in the future! I'd love it if you could take a listen to my latest and provide some feedback:
Camila Cabello - Havana ft. Young Thug (AVGHOST remix)

Best!

Sick track and really good mix/master. Kick and that other sound with it in the beginning are CRISP and thumpin!

This track is sick. Followed on soundcloud.

THIS TRACK IS SO CRISP!!! What's your master chain ??? :finger:

Thanks BrainClaim, I'm glad that you enjoyed it! Was there a specific track that you wanted me to critique? Or just choose a track at random on your SoundCloud profile?

Firstly, I appreciate the kind words of encouragement as it really helps me out. For this track, I used Ozone 8 (standard). I was trying to go for a synthy, brassy kind of sound for the lead synth. Most of the brightness came from the mix though. I don't really know anything about mastering so I try to enhance what's there in the mix already.

Back