Illest track ever

Hey David,

Nice beat, very dark/menacing. Love the bass line and the vocal chops that enter around 1:00. I specifically like the she shift at 1:24, reminds me of a really dirty house breakdown that you would hear at 5am. Not sure how much I would change the track, although I do feel that it would benefit from some more layers. It seems to be mostly bass and drums. If that’s what you’re going for then it is perfect but I think maybe 1-2 more layers would be good. Maybe a synth and some more rhythmic vocal chopping?

Hope this helps.

5K.

Thank you thank you thank you. You have confirmed what has been gnawing at me for so long. So I got this midi keyboard, a bunch of soft synths, but I'm kinda like wtf about the process, plus maybe it's the synths I'm using but it always sounds so lame and the same tired old crappy sounds from mediocre techno from years ago. What do I gotta do to develop an arsenal of wicked sounding synths that aren't someone else's shit?

Hey man :) Dig the track. I actually was waiting for it to build up - but that's cool, I kinda liked the cruisey feel. The quiet drops were nice.

Yeah man, what DAW and synths are you using? I'm a big fan of Serum, it is extremely easy to use. To be honest, I've downloaded some presets and sometimes I flick through them, find one that I like, and then tweak it to make it more unique. I'm not a master of sound design but I'm slowly learning how to create good nice sounds.

Back