I think I made a trance tune, but Im not sure

Matso

Hi everyone!

I´d love it if you had a listen to my tune and gave me a comment/criticism/feedback. Basically I toyed around with some ideas I knicked from an old tune by Lucky people center (Interspecies communication - check it out, its on youtube), basically the arpeggiated bassline and the kick/percussion combo, and added the melody from an old turkish folktune, and came up with this.
Im quite happy with it, but Im partial as well so if you hear anything that can be improved or changed, please let me know. And, this is a serious question, what genre would this tune be in? Its definetly not teckno, and probably not house...

Uskudar by Acta Nocturna | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Hi mate,
imo, i'd consider it as a progressive house (maybe) - a sort of deadmau5 style when you have a kind of similar melody & chord but you wrap it in different color so it flows naturally & doesnt bore the audience.

anyway, i dont have much to add in. you had the 'flow' already so i dont realize that i really listen the whole 11 minutes duration for this track (honestly, i usually skipped some parts while reviewing a track, just - you know - to make duration shorter. my bad :D ). Technically, the sounds are really great in term of distribution and clarity.

just a bit addition based on my taste, starting on minutes 7th, there is a subtle arpegiator bass i believe - which adding a kind of groovy vibe on this section onward. i'd like to have it more compact and appeared, especially on minutes 9th where it is fully covered by melody. but that's just my taste as i really love to hear this kind of music style which has a noticeable groove bass just to give more excitement to follow to. still, it is generally great world instrument arrangement mate! salute!

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it! Yeah, 11 minutes, I really dont know how that happened:o... You are right about the bassline, it gets a little bit lost in the last section under the extra layers of sound.

Back