I need your ears to check my new track out, feedback returned.

Doope, really feelin it man. The production is pretty clean too. Chords and all. Good stuff. You got a follow too!

Dang man, I'm digging that beat. Never been a fan of the sax, but that BEAT! Lol Good stuff buddy! Just out of curiosity, how long have you been producing, if you don't mind me asking?

Dang man, I'm digging that beat. Never been a fan of the sax, but that BEAT! Lol Good stuff buddy! Just out of curiosity, how long have you been producing, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for the feedback, producing on and off as a hobby for 20 years on synths with an atari st all connected via midi. and then made
the transition to reason and Cubase and finally to flstudio :)

This is awesome... I love it. The vocal "what can we do" is a bit repetitive though and I'd prefer if it did not go on after the build up at 0:30 just for a little break from it, then the sax come in and back to the vocal. Of course if you can afford a topliner to write a small line over the bridge it would be superb. Overall amazing work and great mix.

well this is some dope arse deep house, I like deep house very much, by the way can I use it in a mix (with Youtube monetization, in other word commercially?)

This is awesome... I love it. The vocal "what can we do" is a bit repetitive though and I'd prefer if it did not go on after the build up at 0:30 just for a little break from it, then the sax come in and back to the vocal. Of course if you can afford a topliner to write a small line over the bridge it would be superb. Overall amazing work and great mix.

Thanks very much, and thanks for the bridge idea :)

well this is some dope arse deep house, I like deep house very much, by the way can I use it in a mix (with Youtube monetization, in other word commercially?)

Have sent this to record label so will have to wait and see, thanks for the great comments :)

OK so you have a lot of nice sounding spatial effects (reverb/delays) going on and their mixture into the track is well done. What I mean by that is your EQ and compression are really effective at helping your sounds convey a sense of 'spaciness' without drowning everything else out. The vocals are placed well in the track too. I can easily hear the reverb/delay effects placed on the vocals, yet I can still understand what he's saying, well done. The kick and snare layer nicely and your drum track reminds me of the sort of drums used in tecky-deep house tracks. Really the kick/snare beat is, in my opinion, one of the strongest elements of the track. However, I think you should consider sounding the vocals at half the frequency you have (put them in every other measure). Then you could really play around with the popular 'question-answer' routine by having your vocals sound, and then the next time you would have the vocals instead modulate the synth you have going towards the middle of the song during the breakdown. You could even chop the vocals up and include some samples during the synthesizer's modulation. BTW, I'm referring to the synth that kind of sounds like the singer's voice. Other than that I thought it was a good production. Also, would you mind conversing with me about how you go about mixing vocals? I'm not very good at it and could use some tips. I mainly struggle with keeping words clear and intelligible when applying reverb/delay.

https://soundcloud.com/chazmblue/strangelights128final2017

Sounds so clean and clear, great work man, keep it up

The vocals are tops! Nice Summer vibe feel to the whole track

OK so you have a lot of nice sounding spatial effects (reverb/delays) going on and their mixture into the track is well done. What I mean by that is your EQ and compression are really effective at helping your sounds convey a sense of 'spaciness' without drowning everything else out. The vocals are placed well in the track too. I can easily hear the reverb/delay effects placed on the vocals, yet I can still understand what he's saying, well done. The kick and snare layer nicely and your drum track reminds me of the sort of drums used in tecky-deep house tracks. Really the kick/snare beat is, in my opinion, one of the strongest elements of the track. However, I think you should consider sounding the vocals at half the frequency you have (put them in every other measure). Then you could really play around with the popular 'question-answer' routine by having your vocals sound, and then the next time you would have the vocals instead modulate the synth you have going towards the middle of the song during the breakdown. You could even chop the vocals up and include some samples during the synthesizer's modulation. BTW, I'm referring to the synth that kind of sounds like the singer's voice. Other than that I thought it was a good production. Also, would you mind conversing with me about how you go about mixing vocals? I'm not very good at it and could use some tips. I mainly struggle with keeping words clear and intelligible when applying reverb/delay.

https://soundcloud.com/chazmblue/strangelights128final2017

Cheers for the feedback, I use reverb and delay in small amounts so I don't make the vocals muddy in the mix and fine tune the eq to give it its own space as well. Its all about the eq really to bring the vocal out and done by ear. Good luck with all your tracks my friend :)

Back