Thread: I need some tips and feedback

Thanks

I need some tips and feedback

Sign in to disable this ad
    Here is my latest EDM track which I just finished.

Crystalline by kujaboy :d | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Any tips to mix better these kind of tracks to achieve more crispy and clean overall sound? Also, how to apply proper compression, I always seem to fail it somehow after all... but anyways, any thoughts?

Thanks
    i didnt listen to your track. but about compression if you fail it. try out parallel compression it helps alot

Thanks
    Sounds nice man but if you want a better mix you'll have to focus on the drums and bass. The individual synths (particularly the main arpish one) sound really solid. I thought the weak part was that the drums didn't pump through in the mix. I'd recommend using a little bit of side chain compression so the synths slightly duck down when the kick hits. Also consider just notching them up in general (maybe 2db?)... I'm assuming you have a limiter or compressor on the master? I didn't really notice any compression issues, just some balance stuff with the drums (although that could be a weird byproduct of a strange compressor setting...)
    Hit me up on Facebook!

Thanks
    Add a stereo effect on the lead

Thanks
    Hey brother,

As I'm listening to your track right now, the idea of the song is there, it sounds solid, if you can, try to shorten the reverb on the main lead you have over your bass at 0:30, that way your mix will have more room to breath for other sounds, remember less is more here. Good Job.

Thanks
    Thanks for nice feedback guys. I was thinking since I won't be getting any professional mastering on my tracks, maybe I should do a compression on the drums and then maybe for the bass instruments (to get that nice and strong low-end) and leave the other instruments and master channel untouched but this in the other hand can lead to a very poor quality of the mids and highs.

I could do a simple compression on the master channel, but I don't like it so I end up adding Maximus or any other multiband compressor because I love what it does to a track but I really can't set it up that well in the end which kinda drives me crazy sometimes...
    Last edited by kujaboy; 1 Week Ago at 04:18 AM.

Thanks
    the arps and the synths are really nice... maybe the synths at 0.30 its a little bit too compressed... i would reduce the ratio of it a little bit......
    and honestly i dont like so much the bass... it sounds a little artificial.... i would change that preset with an other and then modify it as you like

Thanks
    sound ok, but you should free the space for the drums with a sidechain compressor on the synths. so don't compress the drums, compress the rest with a sidechain of the kick. this would help the mix.
    the endig is a bit aprupt?
    cheers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CTO View Post
    sound ok, but you should free the space for the drums with a sidechain compressor on the synths. so don't compress the drums, compress the rest with a sidechain of the kick. this would help the mix.
    the endig is a bit aprupt?
    cheers
    Alright, yeah I think my problem is when I'm mixing, even I do it well, I don't free enough space and headroom for some instruments or the drums. I need to take more in-depth look at methods to fix it. Also, using the volume automation would've been great idea to fade out the instruments earlier in some parts. Thanks!

Thanks
    For a cleaner sound, ironically, you should probably look at introducing a bit of harmonic distortion.
    At a subtle level it enhances the sound by adding harmonics and can temper the harshness and peaks, which automatically gives you more headroom.

You should give these a go:
    VST Effects – Variety Of Sound

Those ThrillseekerXTC's would sound nice on your synths. I use them all the time to warm over dull sounds.
    All those effects are great actually.
    You should try that TesslaPRO, Density, ThrillseekerVBL/LA on your master bus or just the drums and bass.
    lwj - local space music

Thread Information