I made my first remix, some feedback would be awesome!

joymind

yo

just got my first remix done, it came out deep house. Feedback would be nice

thanks for listening

Last edited:
Not bad though there are few things you could make better.
First off the kick. It has no character and too much of the lowest frequencies. I mean, sometimes it is okay but in case of Your track in my opinion kick with more 'meat' (i.e. more mid frequencies) would fit better and stand out more.
Secondly the bass. It's cool to use a simple sinewave but generally it's used for the sub only. Everything that is on top adds more character and tone to it. So I think you should give another bass on top to make your sound actually 'hearable' you know.
Other than that what also bothers me a bit is that in 3:28 where supposed to be a big loud main part of the song it's just a repeat of previous bars with shakers on top. Maybe if you would add more character to the bass it would have more power.
Anyways, that's my opinion. Hope you find it helpful. Good luck on next remixes :)

First of all, thanks a LOT for this feedback! At the same time it hurts and feels good, you said things I've been thinking of a lot :D

When I started with this project I had a bigger kick but in the end I changed it to a "smaller" one because I tried to leave more space to the bass. I also cut the highs from it which obviously was a mistake.. (I'm desperately trying to get my sound as soft as possible)

After your comment I've compared my sound to same kind of tracks and yes, it definitely needs more highs! Especially when listening from iPhone speakers there is quite big difference compared to "pro tracks".

Thanks once again, this feedback was more than helpful, I'll keep this on my mind in future! :)

Loving the bassline and percussions! There could be a bit more variation at the second drop but after all very good work with this one, looking forward to hear your next remix!

Hey man ! For me, I'm missing the attack of the kick, like the other guy said too much of the lowest frequencies, but the track in overall are good, nice job

Hugs

You are right, the kick is too weak.. I regret the moment I decided to cut those upper frequencies.. but I've learned my lesson now, I'll never do it again :D

The idea is great, but i think it all sounds a bit like everything was 'behind' in my opinion. But love the idea!

Back