[House/techno] Valdemar – Soë Chlevigny

Somn

Bass

A bass- and sample-driven track I finished a little while ago. Put it up on Spotify as well.
https://open.spotify.com/artist/6GIRJuw3hVsOb4O2Na2NEv

I find a lot of techno and house to sound too clean, so I was looking to create a more organic feel by relying on sampling and the human voice. Chimes, sampled drum hits, splashes of guitars. It started as a remix but ended up being released under my name. Let me know how well it went.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the encouraging words. Really appreciate the feedback coming from other producers. Made sure to check out your tunes as well.

Love what you've done here - the gritty sound of the bass and kick drum work great as a foundation. A very progressive track, lots of contrasting layers that fit well together. I wouldn't recommend any changes and I'm very picky. Keep up the good work.

Nice solid sounds. Love the vocals man keep up the work. Love the progressiveness of it as well. Keep up the work and keep it coming.

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys. Didn't find a recent thread of yours Slunk but checked it out on Soundcloud. Great stuff. Nice, chilled London-vibes. Romare and Chaos in the CBD feels.

Sprechen Sie Bass?? This is awesome I love the way the sounds fit together forsure! Good mixing. Maybe more sidechaining to highlight the kicks! (Followed by) - DJLuvSum

Sprechen Sie Bass?? This is awesome I love the way the sounds fit together forsure! Good mixing. Maybe more sidechaining to highlight the kicks! (Followed by) - DJLuvSum
Thanks a lot mate. Checked out your Soundcloud, really good vibe in the tracks! It's s that sweet spot where house is influenced by hip-hop and has got a great groove. Trying to work myself more into that direction. Keep on going.

Hej! super. this is good stuff. the beat is what really gets my intention. well I like the didgeridoo thing also, and the fact that the song never gets boring.

Hej! super. this is good stuff. the beat is what really gets my intention. well I like the didgeridoo thing also, and the fact that the song never gets boring.
Tack! Glad you like it and cool to hear from a fellow Swede.

I'm not really a techno kind of guy, but this sounds pretty cool man! Thumbs up!
Thanks a lot! Yeah I'm thinking that this is not "pure" techno but I don't really know what to call it. I guess it's techno in theory but the vibe and sounds used are aching towards post-dubstep and chillwave. I'll just stick with 'techno' for now. Checked out the track in your signature as well as in your thread. Loving it. 1044 is a cool song.

Last edited:
Back