[House] Mark Smit - Past

You definitely have the 90's sound down, it brings me back to when i was growing up in Houston and listening to the sets my dad had recorded on some cassette tapes. I think overall the arrangement is well structured, but after a while it gets repetitive. Perhaps you could add in some pads or swells during/after transitions to indicate to the audience a change is coming. And by change, I mean layering in an arp towards the end of the main section before you break it down. Then you could filter out the arp as you work through the break down to add some dynamic elements that keep the audience interested. I would also consider a pad similar to the 90's style string pad with some square wave mixed in, but save that for the final beat section. I think of it like your taking the audience on a journey with your initial musical idea, and the arps/pads/lead or whatever help to accent and bring out certain elements during different parts of the song. You have a solid track as of now, but sometimes adding different elements can help your track groove a little harder with what it already has. If that makes any sense, lol.

I got some pads in it you probably don't hear it because the chords are pretty slow.
Maybe I should make it more obvious.

I haven't thought of an arp, that's a really good idea I will try that out for sure!

Giving a nostalgic feeling was kind of my goal.
I am glad it worked out for you.

Thanks for the tips and thoughts, I will take a look into it and trying to make this track flow a bit better :)!

- Mark Smit

Alright made some changes.

The pad is a bit louder, added a open hihat and replaced some closed hihats.
And some more changes.

The link is the same!

- Mark Smit

Thanks guys,

Heldeep won't be happening, I don't think it fits personally haha!

@mits01
Ik ga er van uit dat je die plucks bedoeld.
Die heb ik gemaakt met Prism.

Thanks!

The organ sound is dope as hell!
Very 90's indeed, but it has that modern smoothness and warmth to it that keeps it from going full retro.

Personally I'd remove the vinyl crackle in the background, I'd rather hear those hats and little percussions in the background a bit clearer.

The organ sound is dope as hell!
Very 90's indeed, but it has that modern smoothness and warmth to it that keeps it from going full retro.

Personally I'd remove the vinyl crackle in the background, I'd rather hear those hats and little percussions in the background a bit clearer.

It's a layer of a sort of pad and a organ emulator.
It just doesn't give that clicky feel that it had and more of a smooth padish texture.

I tried to listen to it how it would sound without the vinyl fx and the crackle in the background, but it didn't feel the same.
Personally I love the dusty feel of some tracks, so I thought why not keep it.

Thanks for the feedback!

- Mark

I tried to listen to it how it would sound without the vinyl fx and the crackle in the background, but it didn't feel the same.
Personally I love the dusty feel of some tracks, so I thought why not keep it.

I like those dirty-sounding house tracks too. Sometimes one can go overboard with it but in this track it didn't bother me. Overall a great track. It has this deepness to it that I don't hear much in modern tracks. Can't quite pinpoint exactly what it is, but I like it.

Oh Mark you post that track a week ago, how did I missed it ?!

Mark again so good quality, I'm impressed and happy. At first I thought that kick is a bit strange but actually it's good, it make track stand out and make it more interesting more me. There is not much to say about the track it's just very good! Keep going Mark!

It would be great if you listen also to my new track
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ass-mad-someone-like-you-541222/#post50070261
Cheers!

Hey thanks man!

There are a lot of people posting music here so it's pretty normal to miss out on some tracks :)!

Again thanks for the feedback, even though I already have enough feed on this track.
I just created a new track this is the url to the forum post of it: [Tech house] Mark Smit - I know you want this (F4F)

I will take a look at your track soon!

- Mark Smit

Back