[House] // FreJ! - Something

FreJ!

i made this new song, is a bit simple but got stuck and didnt really know what else to add, tried to took care of the eq (im still learning, specially the mixing field), but it sounds funny sometimes, anyway, i would like to hear comments on what you think, mixing wise and composition wise! thank you!

Kick could use some click in my opinion
Some more variation, changes in both sound and melodies
Could use some percussions to heat up the groove too

Final - could use some more work, but the sound is good and you should definitely make it happen =)

sound pretty good, as already said, it could use more variations or maybe make each section a few bars shorter so it changes more quickly..

mixing-wise it's ok, seems like everything has its place and fits.. though I have no experience with this style, really

gj :)

Hola! Here's my feedback:

- use a band pass filter automation on that hat, moving low --> high as the build progresses.
- all low frequencies should be cut by the pre drop
- the riser should be cut when the snare build ends for a more dramatic pre drop
- the master needs a stronger limiter and the kick level needs to be lowered. I can tell by the waveform the songs undercompressed.
- layer the lead pluck with more supports, bus them, and compress lightly to glue together. Make sure to EQ seperate
- I like the melodic idea a lot!
- up the levels of the percussion (will be helped with the kick lowered) to add more groove. I imagine a harder hitting snare playing the -a of 1 and & of 2 (music theory: beats are divided into 1-e-&-a 16th notes where & is the "off-beat") this is a pattern common in jungle terror
- to add variety, add drum fills during the drop. If we've already heard the melody once, no need to repeat the whole phrase again without variation.
- additive synths in 2nd drop are great!
- for jungle, I'd recommend using stadium claps on every beat, not regular claps on the 2 and 4 like in house.

Lots of potential in this track! Listen to this track for reference MR.BLACK x Ale Mora - Party People - YouTube

A track like yours should use percussion to its advantage as you are using a pluck for the lead. In Part People the bass pluck is used to drive the rhythm as well. I'd also recommend using is for reference in mastering and song structure.

How this helped!

Hola! Here's my feedback:

- use a band pass filter automation on that hat, moving low --> high as the build progresses.
- all low frequencies should be cut by the pre drop
- the riser should be cut when the snare build ends for a more dramatic pre drop
- the master needs a stronger limiter and the kick level needs to be lowered. I can tell by the waveform the songs undercompressed.
- layer the lead pluck with more supports, bus them, and compress lightly to glue together. Make sure to EQ seperate
- I like the melodic idea a lot!
- up the levels of the percussion (will be helped with the kick lowered) to add more groove. I imagine a harder hitting snare playing the -a of 1 and & of 2 (music theory: beats are divided into 1-e-&-a 16th notes where & is the "off-beat") this is a pattern common in jungle terror
- to add variety, add drum fills during the drop. If we've already heard the melody once, no need to repeat the whole phrase again without variation.
- additive synths in 2nd drop are great!
- for jungle, I'd recommend using stadium claps on every beat, not regular claps on the 2 and 4 like in house.

Lots of potential in this track! Listen to this track for reference MR.BLACK x Ale Mora - Party People - YouTube

A track like yours should use percussion to its advantage as you are using a pluck for the lead. In Part People the bass pluck is used to drive the rhythm as well. I'd also recommend using is for reference in mastering and song structure.

How this helped!

Hi! Thank you for the advices here, and tahnk you for the reference track, it has stuff that could go great in my song! I know about the repetition, i just really dont know what else to add, im in a point of learning where i got how things go but i miss at the small details, i have still a long way to go

Nothing wrong with repetition! Like I said just use fills (esp. drum fills) to break it up. A drop should have a repeated melodic idea, however after a first listen to our brain will fill in the the missing bites even if they are cut for an added fill. If you listen to my future bass remixes I cut the drop melodies for drum fills a lot - check them out at SoundCloud.com/alexroseofficial

Back