Hope - Scratch-esque Grunge, Chill Vibes -Feedback/Technical/Support Appreciated! F4F

csbr

[url]https://soundcloud.com/csbrproductions/hope[/URL]

One I had a lot of fun producing, and still enjoy listening to..

Thought I'd share for feedback, advice (any tips anyone has on sound design or how to refine this type of sound!),

and just to share the vibes!

Thanks in advance to anyone who contributes, etc..

Feedback/Support left for anyone adding value!

I'm afraid this goes outside of my music taste, so I will only comment on technical stuff.
I would get rid of stereo spread on this one (that wavy changing from left to right most of the time). It's distracting so much with headphones on :)

Otherwise technically very nice and well finished. Thumb up!

I like your sound ideas and the mix is technically fine as far as I can judge, but the track as whole doesn't gel for me...
That's obviously entirely subjective territory from there on, but here goes:
-i like the optimistic sounds, it's definitely different... but once you go there, it's not different enough. Experimental bass goes to some really weird places!
-the sounds are different, but the arrangement is very traditional, same can be said for the drums. It's all very safe and predictable.. once you give me that surprise
with the different vibe, go all the way. Original sounds ask for original drums and different arrangements.

Listen to some of the wierder shit out there to get ideas.

-i like the optimistic sounds, it's definitely different... but once you go there, it's not different enough. Experimental bass goes to some really weird places!
-the sounds are different, but the arrangement is very traditional, same can be said for the drums. It's all very safe and predictable.. once you give me that surprise
with the different vibe, go all the way. Original sounds ask for original drums and different arrangements.

Listen to some of the wierder shit out there to get ideas.

Wow, I really like this feedback.

Thank you so very much for that. Definitely something I will take into heavy consideration going forward. I realize I still have a lot to learn. This was probably my third or fourth production, maybe fifth.. but this comment applies to thing I'm still working on.

Thank you for taking the time to leave that.

Last edited:
Back