Help me with this track before i release it.

If you're going to upload it to Soundcloud, why is it in mp3 format? You should use wav, but yeah, maybe you know.

I don't know, the mix is fine, not too bad. I quite didn't get the feeling that I should between the vocals and the beat so that they really blend and match together. Also, the kick drum should be stronger at least.

But it's a OK release, if you're going to put it out.

The pro's of your track here include the vocal, this is the highlight of your track, it' encapsulates me especially when the drop kicks in, the trumpet you've incorporated here is also pretty energetic, it's in tune with the summer festivities here. The key here isn't producing the 'perfect' song, but creating the perfect ideal song that you would find enjoyable, something that you would play over & over again on your iPod. You start the track off great here with the vocals, that's more of a mature technique here especially when using any vocal in the mix.

The con's here are directed to the mix, I'd add a little compression to your mix, perhaps an added bass at 0:47 right through to the first drop on the first break, a moderate small bass before your wide bass + sub bass drop kicks in. In my opinion, the hardest part about any track would be the second break straight after the drop, raising the energy of the track like you did in the beginning takes some thought, you don't want to parade the track for what may sound like a long 10 years, remember, how would "you" want to break this track down.

Overall, not a bad effort, nicely done.

Hey man thanks for the feedback, its a mp3 so you can download a smaller file instead of a wav. I didnt put it on soundcloud because i rather you download a 320kps mp3 vs a a 192kps stream for you to review. I do have the 96k wav for upload when im ready. As for you feedback, you are 100% correct, the vocals were a acapella i found online which alot of people are telling me "It doesnt work" ive come to a conclusion to just scrap the vocals and start fresh with a real singer. The kick on the other hand ive been told that its too loud which is odd so ill have to review both sides i guess. Thanks so much for the feedback!.
If you're going to upload it to Soundcloud, why is it in mp3 format? You should use wav, but yeah, maybe you know.

I don't know, the mix is fine, not too bad. I quite didn't get the feeling that I should between the vocals and the beat so that they really blend and match together. Also, the kick drum should be stronger at least.

But it's a OK release, if you're going to put it out.

Hey, wow thanks for that! great feedback you gave. Im going to replace those vocals, getting alot of feedback telling me that the vocals dont match the track but i will keep the same arrangement for them. And yes! thats exactly what i want to go for, a song that you can play in a playlist over and over for the beach or summer. As for you suggestion of the compression, I cant compress it anymore aha it will distort badly if i add any more aha its at -6.8 rms already. The bass before the drop is a great suggestion, im going to try that out now for sure. love that idea. thanks so much!
The pro's of your track here include the vocal, this is the highlight of your track, it' encapsulates me especially when the drop kicks in, the trumpet you've incorporated here is also pretty energetic, it's in tune with the summer festivities here. The key here isn't producing the 'perfect' song, but creating the perfect ideal song that you would find enjoyable, something that you would play over & over again on your iPod. You start the track off great here with the vocals, that's more of a mature technique here especially when using any vocal in the mix.

The con's here are directed to the mix, I'd add a little compression to your mix, perhaps an added bass at 0:47 right through to the first drop on the first break, a moderate small bass before your wide bass + sub bass drop kicks in. In my opinion, the hardest part about any track would be the second break straight after the drop, raising the energy of the track like you did in the beginning takes some thought, you don't want to parade the track for what may sound like a long 10 years, remember, how would "you" want to break this track down.

Overall, not a bad effort, nicely done.

Hi, great track! It sounds like it's almost ready for commercial release but the track sounds too bright and it needs more boost in the low mid-mid area. Just it, the rest of the song is already awesome

Hey man thanks for the feedback! Ya i totally agree, I tend to have too much highs in my mix alot of the time. Once i replace the vocals, i will fix that:) and ya thanks man i appreciate the kind words!
Hi, great track! It sounds like it's almost ready for commercial release but the track sounds too bright and it needs more boost in the low mid-mid area. Just it, the rest of the song is already awesome

I agree with this, it is a little harsh on the top end, on a super loud system those hats would be ear piercing. Add some kind of intro bass to help it build and you're golden

Last edited:
Ya for sure man, im re recording some new vocals, and i need to do some tweaks to it, Taking off some high end for sure. And alot of people are telling me to add a bass so i guess i needs it bad lol
I agree with this, it is a little harsh on the top end, on a super loud system those hats would be ear piercing. Add some kind of intro bass to help it build and you're golden

Back