Hellberg - The Girl (Equinox Remix) | F4F

All instruments need to be sidechained to the drums, they are very overbearing, making the drums sound lost in the mix.
The bassline sounds generic and needs some sort of variation on certain parts to sound more interesting (slides, glitch, wobbles)
At 1:04, the snare roll sounds like it's going to build into something epic, but the climax never comes. I think you should spend the next couple of days dissecting snare sequences on popular songs, and gaining a feel of which parameters (velocity, pitch, EQ, ASDR) to automate, and when to automate them.
The snare that comes in at 2:10 (to 2:40) is too heavy in the 300-600 hz range, I would apply a little distortion in the 700-2khz range to make it pop out more. Also I'd decrease the decay/tail end of the snare so it sounds thinner and snappier, right now it sounds excessively thick. Also, the top end of the kick drum is pitched way too high.

Also there seems to be a monophonic synth mirroring the piano parts, you must play with the phrasing (pitch/mod wheel) so it sounds distinct from the piano, rather than lying on top of it. I would also automate the resonance filter.
The staccato chords from 2:55-3:25 are very dull sounding and need to be layered with a sound that has audible texture in the mid-hi ranges (2k-6k)
The sound that comes in at 3:10, reminds me of something Ace of Base/LaTour would of used in the 90s. I would either replace it entirely or at the very least turn it down 25% and try to layer a more modern sounding instrument atop of it.

I agree with Dirteelishus in that the instruments need to be more sidechained to the kick. I feel like i would really love the first drop if it was cleaned up a bit. I believe cutting some of the mids and low mids would give the bass room to move and clean up the bell sound a bit (or whatever it is) Again I'm going to sound like a broken record lol but the snare needs to be more crisp. I see a lot of potential with this, but it just needs some work. It's all a learning process :D

hi, as said above the mix needs work! the mix seems very muddy.

but i think your synth is quite unique and the melody is also nice :) keep it going!

Id love to hear your thoughts on my latest track aswell :) its in my signature thanks :)

Thanks guys! :)
I've replaced the track and changed the snare build up and made the drop less muddier. I think the drop hits much heavier now!
I will apply the rest of your feedback later.

Last edited:
Back