Got two songs needing feedback

Up Down - To me the drums are maybe a little too simple. It's okay to have this more minimalist feel but I think it would sound a bit better if there was more going on than just a simple hihat between every kick. Also don't hear a bassline which would be a big improvement.

Peace - I like this one more. Idea is good. The hihat that starts from the beginning seems too loud to me. And as with the other track, I don't hear a bassline. That's what makes it feel like something is lacking. Could also benefit from some changes in the piano chords.

Up Down - To me the drums are maybe a little too simple. It's okay to have this more minimalist feel but I think it would sound a bit better if there was more going on than just a simple hihat between every kick. Also don't hear a bassline which would be a big improvement.

Peace - I like this one more. Idea is good. The hihat that starts from the beginning seems too loud to me. And as with the other track, I don't hear a bassline. That's what makes it feel like something is lacking. Could also benefit from some changes in the piano chords.

Thanks for your feedback man, much appreciated!
I'll definitely work on improving

As exytage said, some of the hi-hat on Peace are too loud. And i think the voice on Up Down might be a little louder. But they sound good !

Up Down:
- the elements seem all very dry (lacking FX) I'd recommend more reverb at least on the percussion and plucks
- for an ambient song like this, you definitely need more transition FX, sweeps, etc. to fill up the freq. and stereo spectrum
- I understand its supposed to be minimal but I think more movement in the fuzzbass than just holding a single note would be good. At least add rests for rythmic interest

Peace:
- much better percussion than the other track
- hi hat and piano are too quiet, needs more compression either on their tracks or post-EQ on the master (most likely just saturate and compress the channels because the mids and highs of the percussion [- the hihats] are fine)
- could use a bass aside from the kick to add more interest and progression

Hope that helps!

[F4F] Everything Black - Unlike Pluto (Alex Rose Remix)

Up Down:
- the elements seem all very dry (lacking FX) I'd recommend more reverb at least on the percussion and plucks
- for an ambient song like this, you definitely need more transition FX, sweeps, etc. to fill up the freq. and stereo spectrum
- I understand its supposed to be minimal but I think more movement in the fuzzbass than just holding a single note would be good. At least add rests for rythmic interest

Peace:
- much better percussion than the other track
- hi hat and piano are too quiet, needs more compression either on their tracks or post-EQ on the master (most likely just saturate and compress the channels because the mids and highs of the percussion [- the hihats] are fine)
- could use a bass aside from the kick to add more interest and progression

Hope that helps!

[F4F] Everything Black - Unlike Pluto (Alex Rose Remix)

Yeah this helps, thanks for that man.

Back