[Glitch] Jamming with S-layer

localspace

And now for something completely different... this isn't really a track, I got S-Layer today I wanted to check it out. It's awesome.
Made a little jam out of some presets and it actually sounds pretty neat already. According to Soundcloud this stuff is called Microhouse.. so there you go, some microhouse for that booty. :victory:

This is really fricking good, totally I love everything about it. The haunting pad, the plucked instrument and the beat is obviously fire.
This would be perfect in an action movie, a bank robbing scene lol
Seriously, great job! I'll check your soundcloud, I'm excited to hear more. :D

Microhouse huh... this is pretty trippy & by trippy I mean euphoric dude, it's like someone dropped me into a board game run entirely by shapes. Seriously though, great innovative track here, make more innovative stuff.

Thanks for the praises guys..
But to be fair, a lot of this is really that S-Layer plug-in and stunting with some of the sounds it comes packaged with. It's more like a demo for that than anything, haha.
If you like this sound and own Reaktor, definitely go get it..
S-Layer | Twisted Tools
All their stuff really.. it's all innovative, sounds amazing, comes with a boatload of sounds and freebies, is highly adaptable and crazy amounts of fun to work with.
It seems like it's just two guys doing it all actually. I dropped them a question and got an immediate response back. Really cool. I sound like an advert and don't give a damn.

The idea is to start using it on my own samples in it and to use a bunch of their tools together with my hardware synth (waldorf blofeld, amazing for pads, bass) and maschine, as a kind of semi-live setup.
And as a way to get into Reaktor, which I'm entirely new to but really dig.
Big sounds from little boxes, haha.. The reason to invest in all that stuff was because I was sick of looking at DAWs and so bored with how laborious and tedious electronic music can be, all the 'proper ways'.
I became pretty obsessed with immediacy and coming up with a super lean, modern workflow that's as pick up and play as a normal instrument. But this track is me still very much in tryout mode with me new gear ;)

So thought it would be cool to expand this into a full track.. this is the first draft. It's just loops going in and out at this point, but I wanted to render it to check what my new Ozone could do to it.. I hope it's loud enough for you guys, whaha.

Micro-house - you've touched the experimental side of it , I come from Romania and trust me I know all about it . Sounds good , I think you might have found your field of interest...you can exploit this so much . Sounds like 2000's side of it , that pluck reminds me of sakura VST in FL could've made it a little more subtle but the pad controls the scene . Awesome job , looking forward to hear more of this !

Have a look at this , has a sense of your track

plastikman - Ask Yourself - YouTube - ask yourself ?!

Cool. 2000's? Well at least that means I finally got my sound out of the 90's :D
My brother in law is from Romania!

Yeah Sakura was a pretty cool plug.. this pluck is part of the analog sounding bassline though. It comes from Rounds, that lets you sequence analog and FM synths together.. it's pretty fun.

I had never really considered micro-house before soundcloud suggested it, lol.. It has also suggested grime lately.. so I guess I'll have to make it work :)
I got a whole bunch of new kit so I'm just exploring what I can do with it.. my sound has been all over the place! But in a good way.

Thanks for checking.

NOW! With more Blofeld!

Definitely becoming more like an actual track now, it still gets boring/over-long here and there.
I'm curious what you guys think of the mix/sound quality.. I'm not working with the best of monitors here ;)
Also wondering if I should add something like a lead (not a lead, something like it.. an accent)

Anyways..enjoy.

Back