Future Tribal (Future House / Bass House) Thank you for feedback!

You and I should definitely get in touch! I'm all about jungle bass house stuff! I make the same kind of music, jungle terror/tribal stuff mixed with Bass house/electro. I'm trying to figure out a genre name for this kind of music, Future Tribal sounds cool but I was going for Jungle Bass. Maybe Tribal Bass or something? Anyways I'm digging all of your tracks. I'm following you on soundcloud now so lets keep in touch!

I'm digging it a lot. Didgeridoo is frickin sick man. It's got a very modern sound while still retaining a bit of an older school vibe. Love the conga drums in the track a lot. Your tunes are very full and layered. Lots of variety in where you take the listener too. I'm definitely going to be keeping my eye on your stuff brother.

Thanks Koporo! I checked your tracks, they are so good! It's reall professional production quality. My tracks miss details I think, like modulations and more variety in the second drop. As for naming, I chose Future Tribal, as I kind of wanted to combine Future House with Tribal music. Not sure if it's still future house, it's a mix of genres, but the name stayed! Have you released any album? Happy to play it next time I have a chance!

Last edited:
Thanks Kitsune! I'm quite proud of Didgeridoo. First time tried to make a hybrid trap track. I think it's pretty punchy, though second drop misses some variation. I took a quick look at your tracks, really good! So much details! I definitely have to work more on putting more details and variation in my tracks. You may like my friends psy trance stuff (PSYNERGY PROJECT | Free Listening on SoundCloud).

Hey I'm gonna be completely transparent: I didn't create those tracks, I just made them the way they were by editing them with my own flairs and mashing them up. They're edit-mashups so i made a mashup, and edited the songs at the same time. I changed the titles so people know now. Now the drops of the first song are my own doing in a way, especially the first one, which I chopped up and took apart to make it my own, and in the 2nd drop I added numerous things to make it more insane but other than that the base tracks are by others, and the song names are there if you want to look them up. :)

But yeah I got the reference to future house right away, which is pretty awesome if you ask me, especially coming from where I am (i.e. not seeing any others combining electronic sounds with tribal stuff in a very deliberate way). Your stuff sounds more like Bass House, which is actually my favorite genre aside from tribal stuff. So keep making tribal bass house and hopefully eventually we can collab on something really cool! My instagram is instagram.com/koporomusic where I showcase some different stuff I'm working on so check it out!

Now listening to Digeridoo again, I might use it in a mix coming soon, but I would edit it so it had a bit more of a build up. :p I reposted your playlist btw!

Last edited:
Thanks for checking out my stuff bro. I always appreciate that! Anyways the trick to the "details" is the amazing quantize that logic offers haha. I do the cymbals like I would if I were playing a drum kit and then quantize them, following that I do the bass drum and snare together while the cymbals play or I do it opposite. After that I quantize the snare and bass drum to be in perfect sync. Last I do stuff like the crash and drum fills and put the whole package together. I was approaching writing EDM music from the standpoint of a band playing music which isn't always good for the dance portion of EDM. Great for writing tracks for video games though lol. I have learned an awful lot about what makes a good EDM track since I made those songs. I'm in the middle of a big overhaul in equipment and approach. I'm trying to decide if I should stick with logic as I know the program really well or try to work with a different DAW on the PC. It's a hard choice because I'm not apples biggest fan in terms of hardware but I absolutely love logic. Running a virtual machine just isn't a good option either sooooo...yea. What DAW do you do your stuff in if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking of going with Cubase as the interface and program dynamics seem similar to Logic. Going to explore the demo version I guess.

Koporo, yeah, it's more like bass house I agree. I'm still figuring out the genre. I noticed that it's not that easy to make it sound original. A lot of bass house sounds very alike - similar patches and rhythms. But what I found the most challenging was surprisingly making the breaks interesting. In Future Tribal it's mostly congas. Not very happy with it.

Feel free to remix/mash Didgeridoo! I'd totally give it a very detailed feedback if you wanted :)

Kitsune, I totally get your approach. I did a bit of acoustic music before electronic so my workflow was also "acoustic". I focused a lot on melodies, while I noticed that in EDM it's not the most important thing. I believe it's all about energy. I use Ableton Live, which I find pretty good. It's simple and easy to use. Session view is somehow nice to prototype, but I move away from it quickly once I get one idea done. Still, any DAW kills my creativity. You know, I have that groove in my head, open DAW and start clicking all out. In the middle I forget the entire groove. I tried many approaches, like having a large MIDI keyboard, but it didn't work for me. Takes too much space, and yeah easier to input melodies, but still, not inspiring. So I sold it, and tried plenty of gear. Tried Ableton Push, but sold it. Too many pads, modes. Couldn't get my muscle memory work for it. Tried to go the other way, all hardware. Owned Korg Electribe 2 for a while, and it was fun to create tiny tracks, but limiting and frustrating to make a real track.

I currently own MPC Studio, which I like because of it's simplicity. 16 pads, good presets to play with, easy to prototype. I don't create full tracks in it, but it's fun to create sketches. Once realizing that I really like 4x4 pads layout (not too little, not too much, easy to get your muscle memory around it), I bought MPD218 as a generic 16 pads controller to use in Ableton Live and it works like charm. But I just started, so we'll see how it goes. My dream setup at this moment is Ableton Live + MPC Live + Novation Peak. Maybe some day...

I heard that Cubase is pretty good. I never used it due to the silly dongle you always need attached to your laptop. I hate dongles. You forget and you can't produce :|. And my laptop has only one USB port, so I'd need a USB hub. More cables for no reason. Have you considered trying Ableton Live?

Cheers!

Dude it definitely sounds original, this genre we're pretty much creating is original, even though its a hybrid genre. I like big drums for my breaks but other types of drums are always good too, congas, bongos, hits, etc. You'll hear what I mean when I preview some of my songs I'm working on later in the year. You just have to vary the drops more than you do the breaks, that's what people really pay attention to. I've found that if the 2nd drop is the same as the first people don't really listen to it or care for it as much as if it was totally different. The more variety the better. But yeah I'm thinking about doing just that! In the meantime check out my new project I posted here. Its a hardstyle/psytrance bootleg I'm working on. I can't get the mix just right but I have some ideas as to what the problems are. Its kind of in the realm of the genre we're producing but a lot faster.

I like it, I think that there's either too much bass on the snare or that the kick and snare overlap in he lower frequencies, causing muddiness, but I can't say for sure without having the project in front of me. Gj though!

Back