Future Bass Remix

Jacob Jankel

Hey guys,

I'd really appreciate any feedback on my remix of "We might fall" for an amateur comp. I only used the stems for the vocals, and a 1 of the 3 original risers.

Please feel free to be as critical as you like, as I'm trying to improve! I'm especially interested to hear if you think its engaging to the listener throughout, and whether you think the track is well balanced across the frequency spectrum.

It's my third track and my second remix, but I've been producing for about a year. I'm hoping to be very active on this site now that I feel more confident in my music.

We Might Fall Remix 3 by SSOL | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks,

Attachments

• We might fall remix 3.mp3
    4.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
He Jacob i think your track is very nice, it only needs more high end in the drop in my opinion, maybe you can add a noise layer.

Hi Jacob. Pretty nice already but there are some things which can be improved.

I think that the lead in the drop is a bit soft... You should try to boost some specific frequencies. Also, the ones you boost you should decrease a little bit in the main chords. This way it should become clearer in the mix.
Also the chords sound a bit messy imo.. Maybe try a heavier sidechain on the kick? Maybe give it some extra warmth? Not really sure what it is

Ca55ion

I like the track, mix sounds solid although I'm too new at this with too poor of equipment to properly judge. Its tough since its not shined up but I think some of your sounds need a little work to really stand out. Very solid track, pretty sure the the issues I hear have to do with it being -8dB and not polished yet - which aren't really issues. Well done

I think that the lead in the drop is a bit soft... You should try to boost some specific frequencies. Also, the ones you boost you should decrease a little bit in the main chords. This way it should become clearer in the mix.
Also the chords sound a bit messy imo.. Maybe try a heavier sidechain on the kick? Maybe give it some extra warmth? Not really sure what it is

Ca55ion

this is about all i could find make the leaf more pronounced. and a sub-layered on the kick.

otherwise sounds good.

Ca55ion

Thanks, listening back I think you're definitely right about the lead, I tried carving it out some space from the chords with EQ and boosting it at those frequencies and its definitely helped some, but I think it could still be better. I'm experimenting now with side-chaining the chords for the start of each note of the lead to see if I can make it sit even better! For the chords I decided to try using a side-chain vst for a cleaner side-chain and I think thats helped a lot!

this is about all i could find make the leaf more pronounced. and a sub-layered on the kick.

otherwise sounds good.

You're right, I think I carved too much low end out of the kick, added it back in.

I like the track, mix sounds solid although I'm too new at this with too poor of equipment to properly judge. Its tough since its not shined up but I think some of your sounds need a little work to really stand out. Very solid track, pretty sure the the issues I hear have to do with it being -8dB and not polished yet - which aren't really issues. Well done

Definitely some of the sounds still need some work, thanks for the feedback!

I really love it; A lot of the time simpler is much better! The only improvement I would suggest is in the mastering, making the volumes louder. Have you checked out LANDR.com? I'd definitely recommend as you can get 2 free masters a month and it really does make such a difference!

I really love it; A lot of the time simpler is much better! The only improvement I would suggest is in the mastering, making the volumes louder. Have you checked out LANDR.com? I'd definitely recommend as you can get 2 free masters a month and it really does make such a difference!

Thanks Man! I definitely need to master it for volume.
And yes, I do know LANDR, but I'm trying to move away from it as I feel like it doesn't always finish tracks as I like. My mastering is not as good yet, but practice makes perfect!

Thanks Man! I definitely need to master it for volume.
And yes, I do know LANDR, but I'm trying to move away from it as I feel like it doesn't always finish tracks as I like. My mastering is not as good yet, but practice makes perfect!

Yeah defiantly! I just listened to the Soundcloud version (as before I had the direct mp3 link) and it sounds much better! I'm exactly the same, just need to keep practicing to get it perfect.

If you do have a spare minute, I'd love to hear what you think of my latest remix? : Ryder - Pretty Little Gangster // Ethan666 Remix by ETHAN666 | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Hey,
thanks for your reply to my thread. I appreciate that.

This is not really my style of music so going to try and give some suggestions on the mix. Haven't read the thread so others may possibly have written it already.

I think you should ease back on the compression a bit, it sounds a bit muffled, like sounds are being choked. Not extremely so, but you could probably dial it back a little bit. I would also look into creating more stereo space, in the verses especially. These are not big fixes, the sounds fit and work well, just give them some more space : )

Back