[Future Bass] Fox Stevenson - Miss You(whyfoo remix)

Here are some things I noted :P

- The vocals at the break need to sound a bit bigger and more present so maybe add a reverb.

- In the drop the high frequencies sound very harsh, if you have OTT on it or something, definitely turn it down.

- I think you can also add a few more layers to the drop chords to give it more tonality and more mid range frequencies.

- Maybe more automation, fx and drums in the break to give the song a bit more life.

Hope this helps you in any way. Keep at it :)

I think you are on your way to making good music. It's not the finished article - but you know that already. Future Bass isn't my thing - but there's a few elements i would address. Too much click on the kick. I know a good kick has to cut through - but you've slightly compromised the bottom end of the kick in this instance. The little vocal chops 'Ahh's' need something behind them - experiment with your reverbs and delays to get something interesting with them. The original vocals need a bit of boosting also- to lift them out of the mix - again some fx, reverb, delays - especially on key words or phrases. You need to make it a bit different from the original - and imho - the original version isn't that great tbh - so there's a great opportunity to make yours a better take on it. Your top synths sound very clean and well mixed. Overall, the mix might require a tad more low end - but you may be able to fix that with that kick drum issue i mentioned earlier. Overall a great attempt on what i think is a mediocre original, and i think with a bit more work you'll have something sounding far better. Good luck.

Back