Future bass (chillstep?) work in progress

ZachPayne

Hello everyone. New here to the forums. I'm trying to find ways to not create music in a vacuum in order to get feedback, and stumbled upon this forum. Don't be afraid to be critical, I welcome all criticism. I'll gladly give feedback for feedback as well. I don't normally make future bassy stuff like this (I mostly do trance), so I wanted some feedback before I move past this rough draft. I hope you enjoy and thanks for listening.:hello:

Futurebass2 by Zach Payne | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I think the lead is too loud.
Some fxses and hats are harsh to my ears.
Maybe needs more side chain and more volume balancing.

Also everything seems centered in the stereo image in the drop.

A shame because the melody is pretty nice!

Enjoyed its chill nature and the width. Bass/Sub could be a little louder, but could be because I'm listening on my headphones.

Thanks for the tips on my track btw. :)

Criticism eh? In that case... :p
Well! I'd say my dog makes better stuff than this garbage! And he's dead! Lol Jk ;)
This sounds cool. I'm not really sure what the other fellers mean, but the mix/volumes sound great to me. I'm listening through a set of Sennheiser 175s. Digging the melody too. I'd actually take this over the trance stuff, which is coming from an Armin and Emery fan. Great stuff man!

Barcelona by Avyde | Free Listening on SoundCloud
[url]https://soundcloud.com/glitch_musik/1044-v2

[/URL]

Last edited:
Criticism eh? In that case... :p
Well! I'd say my dog makes better stuff than this garbage! And he's dead! Lol Jk ;)
This sounds cool. I'm not really sure what the other fellers mean, but the mix/volumes sound great to me. I'm listening through a set of Sennheiser 175s. Digging the melody too. I'd actually take this over the trance stuff, which is coming from an Armin and Emery fan. Great stuff man!

Barcelona by Avyde | Free Listening on SoundCloud
1044 by glitch | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Haha thanks! I'd love to hear the tunes your dead dog is pumping out! ;)
I sent you some feedback on your track as well. Thanks for your input.

hey there, returning feedback

musically it's awesome really, feels like you know what you are doing, arrangement makes sense, enough of variations and everything, all transitions on the spot

you could turn down the lead a bit imo, it kinda overwhelms drums

and something just seems off about high frequencies, sounds like a low quality mp3, especially noticeable on hi-hats and cymbals, maybe low quality samples on these? Don't know

overall a great track, good luck with future creations :)

Great track, the lead does sound a little loud on my speakers but that is easily fixed. but overall a good tune well done mate :)

Sound awesome. Great progressions and buildups! Some of the higher frequency instruments does seem to be clashing with the hats a bit imo. Still an awesomely mixed and well constructed song

I really fuck with the arrangement and melodies and shit, this is well done m8! The only thing I don't like is that goddamn snare, it sounds slimey and lacks punch.

Hey Zach Payne,

Really Great track! Good composition and arrangement. In my opinion drop is kinda long and monotonic, if you wanna keep that long drop I think you should add some varations in melody at the end of each 8 bars and maybe some drum fills to make it more exciting.
Mix in general is very good, only thing I might recommend for you to change is try yo make kick more powerfull.

Keep going man with that styl I like it.

If you have time please leave your feedback for my new track here: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...e-dance/g-house-mad-void-543034/#post50078067

Cheers!

Back