future bass/chillstep melodic thing (F4F)

Hey, just writing my thoughts as I listen. Wasn't a huge fan of the intro to be honest. The breath effect happens at an awkward spot in my opinion. If you messed with it a little I think it would be fine. The elements already there just don't line up timing-wise to my ears. Music kicks in - sounds good! The ducking you have on your chords and bass really let your drums shine through. Not a fan of the clap. I feel like I want more "OOMPH" (low end punch ~200Hz) from your clap/snare. Maybe layer a snare underneath your clap, and EQ the snare to just let some low end through? Just a thought. Also, feel like I need to hear some crash cymbals or something for some transitioning between sections. Listening a second time I think I do hear some cymbals, so idk if they sounded quiet to me or what. Overall, I thought it was really good! I think you should keep it up, I like how it sounds. It was very chill indeed. I left you a comment on your soundcloud too.

I made a futurebass/chillstep thing too haha. If you want to return the favor, the link is below.
Future bass (chillstep?) work in progress

Back