{Funky/Glitch} Another attempt from a rookie F4F

Trip Lykely

I got some decent feedback on the last track I tried and implemented it (I think) on this one. Overall I'm much happier with it but its pretty much all I've listened to the last couple of days haha. I haven't tried to get too screwy with my bass yet but most likely will on my next track. As I'm just diving into this any and all feedback is appreciated - which I will gladly return. Thanks.

Hey this is an excellent track man! Did you record that guitar yourself? It's really funky! One thing I noticed straight away is that it somehow "drops" (insofar as this applies to this style of music) weirdly at the 0:43 mark, it could just be my ears but that isn't where I expected it to drop. Yet, at 2:12 it drops the right way. Sorry for these vague terms, I would suspect it is a small timing issue but I'm not certain about that. The rest of the track sounds good to me, you could consider making the snare slightly more prominent but I think the track works as it is right now. By the way, do you mind if I sample that guitar riff? I really like it.

My thread is located here, feedback is always appreciated :) :
Just Another Sunday [ Subgenre Unknown ;) ]

Hey this is an excellent track man! Did you record that guitar yourself? It's really funky!

Thanks dude, glad you like it! Wish I could say I recorded the guitar myself, I don't currently play any instruments but plan on learning the guitar. I really like messing with funky guitar but am limited not knowing how to play it myself.

One thing I noticed straight away is that it somehow "drops" (insofar as this applies to this style of music) weirdly at the 0:43 mark, it could just be my ears but that isn't where I expected it to drop. Yet, at 2:12 it drops the right way. Sorry for these vague terms, I would suspect it is a small timing issue but I'm not certain about that.

I'll have to check that out when I get home. I did do slightly different transitions at those points and the guitar was slightly below full volume up until the kick hits. My timing could be off though, lots of cutting and rearranging.

The rest of the track sounds good to me, you could consider making the snare slightly more prominent but I think the track works as it is right now. By the way, do you mind if I sample that guitar riff? I really like it.

Again, glad you liked it. The snare on my last one almost sounded like a kick so I'm still playing around with getting the sound I want with it. Have at it with the guitar, its cleanest at the very beginning of the song, the rest of the way through its all messed up haha.

I'll listen to your track shortly

Last edited:
I'm getting a bit of KOAN Sound (aka God) - Sly Fox vibe with all that funk!

i really like it, Try and sidechain the bass to the kicks, I don't know if it's just me, but they seem to be clashing a bit. and the bass is very overpowering. try and hold it back a tad, and put a little funky synth melody, or some stabs on the off-beat.

I like it keep it up

What do you think of my track? it's just ye bog-standard trance song. Got any pointers or tips?

The link is below. Sorry it's not an embedded player, but it doesn't let you post private tracks for some reason

Leningrad V2 by Enceladus | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I'm getting a bit of KOAN Sound (aka God) - Sly Fox vibe with all that funk!

Thanks dude, KOAN Sound is definitely a source of inspiration

i really like it, Try and sidechain the bass to the kicks, I don't know if it's just me, but they seem to be clashing a bit. and the bass is very overpowering. try and hold it back a tad, and put a little funky synth melody, or some stabs on the off-beat.

I need to relook/listen to my settings then. I have the bass sidechained but only a little. Dig the idea with the synth melody or stabs.

What do you think of my track? it's just ye bog-standard trance song. Got any pointers or tips?

Happy to check your track out. I'm at work now but will give it a listen when I get home.

The link is below. Sorry it's not an embedded player, but it doesn't let you post private tracks for some reason

Leningrad V2 by Enceladus | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I'd fux with that. Had a break in the action at work so I didn't have the best speakers but it came through well. I like how you progressed through the track, you've got some nice/interesting melodies. The vibe was cool, not the type of stuff I normally listen to but wouldn't hit next if it came on. Hard for me to give much technical feedback as I'm pretty new to this myself.

Back