Fracture (Original)

This is an experiment with using tempo (BPM) modulation to intensify builds/climaxes and emphasize drops. I'm still working out some of the kinks and finalizing everything in the production stage so there will most likely be some changes to the track before the final version is released. Let me know what you think!

Yooooo this is dope. Isn't it crazy how some of the best tracks can come from experiments?

I think maybe if you started the slowdown in tempo (you might of actually did this, in which case I'd just say make it more prominent) right after you take the kick out in the beginning the first time, it might make it flow better. You just want to avoid making any parts of the song too stagnant. That was the only time I noticed that, however.

Nice Job, and Keep Working!!

-WALLA

Thanks man, I'm really trying to craft a new sound that's different without making it seem as if the sound is trying really hard to be different, just for the sake of being different. I hope that made sense to you haha. I know exactly what you mean though. I did start to slow the tempo right after the break at 0:59 but, it's hard to tell because it's so gradual. I'm considering adding some queues, like a pad being pitched down, to let the audience know more about what's happening. Thank you again for the input, it really helps me out!

Nice and acidic! some really cool layers in there. Pretty good evolution throughout too. Good job on the stereo panning in places, makes it sound pretty huge. Respect. Follow'd ya on SC.

Creative use of different styles keeps us engaged, the slow down.

I'd like to hear another percussive element added to the second half of the intro or even some hihat skips, it's very constant as is. You might want to have the hihats themselves quieter at this point, there's less going on so their static repetition sticks out lots. The top end from the drums might be a little too loud overall, try Izotope Tonal balance. Once the main synth has fully opened it's perfect.

Thanks, I did start reducing the tempo right after I took out the kick and tried to make it as gradual as possible so as to not throw people off. I wanted it to be a smooth transition but, I also wanted the audience to notice it in a way.

Really tight. Interesting ideas with the tempo changes. I thought maybe you could use the full frequency spectrum a bit more, like some really sizzling rides/crashes in places, plus also some deep sub bass in places. Hope that's useful. Nice work!

Back