First Track so feel free to rip me and give advice

coltfrog

Been producing music for about 4 months now but played guitar for 10 years. This is my first track and the mix is a mess.. but my main concerns are with how to get my drops more full and have more energy. Also I'm not sure if i am sidechaining my kick properly. It just doesn't sound big enough to me. Feel free to leave advice and help a new aspiring producer out.
Mercury by MadColt | Mad Colt | Free Listening on SoundCloud

To make your drop bigger, try layering your lead with other synths. Checkout “zen world how to layer leads” on YouTube. Check out his other videos, he has a bunch of helpful information. If your not sure if your sidechaining correctly just look up “how to sidechain in (name of your DAW) on YouTube. All sidechaining does is lower the volume of the sounds that you sidechain, to give the sound that you need to give more room to, to better punch through the mix. The YouTube channel I listed has a video on this too. Dope melody you have going, just practice more, hope this helped:)

Last edited:
Thank you! I'll definitely check those videos out for some tips.. I actually did layer the lead with other synths but I'm guessing that I just didn't choose sounds that went well together? I'm not sure, like I said I'm pretty new at this stuff. But thank you for the advice!!

Back