First time posting a track - Good? Bad? Potential?

EH_

Hi everyone, newcomer Miitro here :)

So I've made a track which I feel has some potential to make people want to dance. I acknowledge that getting plays and feedback on Soundcloud does not come automatically without active promotion. So I would be thankful for any feedback from the pros before decide if it's even worth promoting.

I will try my best to be an active listener on FP and provide feedback as well.

Regards,

Last edited:
Very nice track! I have the feeling the high frequencies are crushing my ears a bit so I can't really turn it up full volume, that might be a thing you want to fix. Other than that absolutely amazing production, love it! Would definitely be able to dance to this. Liked and followed on SoundCloud!

Could you please rate my track https://www.futureproducers.com/for...okenbass-mulu-drum-bass-night-session-531601/ Would greatly appreciate it. Seems like you know what you're doing.

Last edited:
Great track and really nice energy! Vocal syncs with the beat and harmony of the track perfect. I see another fuller, rounder kick instead of the one you have right now. Snare/hats and percussion should be turned up in volume. At least that is what I think.

Thanks for the feedback so far! So what does it lack to get people to REALLY like it and want to put it on their playlists? Come on guys be honest! I really do have some abitions with my musicproduction.

Regards,

This is a very good track, I like it
These are some little things to improve
- Make the track more stereo
- the vocal can use some cool edits, pitch some little parts of the vocal 5 tunes down or 7 tunes up (I swear it works)
- when the kick starts there is a bit of disturbing frequencies, I think you can fix it by cutting some of the high frequencies in the lead sound
This is all I can find and they are just minor problems, I think the track is great!

It would be great to get some feedback from you on my track, can you check it out?
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...nce/deep-house-xprss-yrslf-diggin-you-531655/

"So what does it lack..." I'm not in the music industry so I'll give you my best guess, one or more from the list.

- You need connections
- You need promotion and marketing
- You need money for the above
- You need to work harder than the rest
- You need to produce fantastic music
- You need to keep doing it when other give up
- You need luck
- You need fans

Hey man, checked out your track and you reminded me a lot of when I started out producing progressive house music years ago (I've switched genres more or less). A few pointers to help you out:

- Less refx Nexus (I heard dancepiano 2k7 and adagio as a l
ead, while they are great sounds they are super over-used you need to be more original to get noticed)
- That off-beat bass sounds like it comes from before the year 2000, I think it is better to just have the bass following the lead melody, it will sound a lot more interesting.
- Really, nice groove in the beginning, not sure if that is a loop or if you've made (read: creatively stolen from other loops and compiled them together to form a new loop) it yourself, but it is good anyway.
- The melody is really good, just have that piano drop straight away in the drop don't hold it back (maybe delete the adagio preset all together and do something with the piano and you can sound like avicci or some shit).

Conclusion: keep producing and don't be discouraged, put your ambitions aside for a moment and focus on making music you like to listen to first, if you keep on like this the labels etc will come eventually.

Hope that helps, you can find my music here: https://soundcloud.com/charlieraxx
You might get some new ideas sound wise for different sounds to use in a track.

P.S. I really like your come alive remix, well done man

its definitly have high potnetial,
you should have more connection between parts..
but lord....
you have great chords bro :)

Hey man, checked out your track and you reminded me a lot of when I started out producing progressive house music years ago (I've switched genres more or less). A few pointers to help you out:

- Less refx Nexus (I heard dancepiano 2k7 and adagio as a l
ead, while they are great sounds they are super over-used you need to be more original to get noticed)
- That off-beat bass sounds like it comes from before the year 2000, I think it is better to just have the bass following the lead melody, it will sound a lot more interesting.
- Really, nice groove in the beginning, not sure if that is a loop or if you've made (read: creatively stolen from other loops and compiled them together to form a new loop) it yourself, but it is good anyway.
- The melody is really good, just have that piano drop straight away in the drop don't hold it back (maybe delete the adagio preset all together and do something with the piano and you can sound like avicci or some shit).

Conclusion: keep producing and don't be discouraged, put your ambitions aside for a moment and focus on making music you like to listen to first, if you keep on like this the labels etc will come eventually.

Hope that helps, you can find my music here: https://soundcloud.com/charlieraxx
You might get some new ideas sound wise for different sounds to use in a track.

P.S. I really like your come alive remix, well done man

Hey, Charlieraxx! Thanks for the detailed feedback! Spending hours and days on a track makes it hard to evaluate it unbiased and it's easy to get overexcited about it. So this kind of feedback is really valuable!

You are spot on regarding the use of Nexus. I've really just started to make music again after 10 years of doing other stuff. So I searched around and found Nexus and Sylenth to be recommended EDM tools nowadays. I will definitely try to change up the sounds and avoid overused presets in the future :)

The off beat bass probably comes from the damage I've taken dancing to 90' music in my younger years :)

I tried to just make the melody based off the vocals and I think it worked out pretty well. I chose to hold back the piano in the drop to try to make some variation and to be able to build some more energy.

I keep producing every day and I learn new stuff all the time. It can only get better! :)

You've really got some pro sound on your SC man! It's pretty clear that you know what you are doing. Would love to listen to your early prog house BTW :)

Regards,

I really enjoyed this overall. I think you have a good grasp of working with lyrics, which is certainly a good quality for an EDM producer. One little nitpick thing would be the small section of 2:30-2:35. One part is played three times during this section, and it could maybe use some sort of effect in between in each time, such a filter or some other form of emphasis perhaps. Sorry if I am a little vague, but I actually quite liked this track.

If you wanna check some of my stuff out, my soundcloud is in my sig.

Regards,
UK

hey bro.. track is really good. I like the attack on the drums... Sounds good to me. In terms of sounds you could be more creative in creating your own, but i feel the essence of the track is a success! keep working bro

Back